Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do you think will go into labor next?!!?!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM
  • 39 Replies

Just for fun... who do you guys think will have the next baby?

I'd like to vote Samk for being next, just because she's closest to her due-date.... However, for some reason Tay has been on my mind a lot lately, and part of me is wondering if that means she's our next baby :P

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM
You or Samk is next IMO
kajira
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Watch my daughter try to hold out all the way to may, just to spite me.

Quoting BoogaBooBaby: You or Samk is next IMO

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Im hoping its me.. LOL. Im due March 30th.

kajira
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Are you in the march group? do you usually go over your due-dates?

Any symptoms since you're about 38 weeks right now? LOL

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM
LOL! That would be most horrible. I hope she doesn't come until your of term but I do believe you will go soon!

Quoting kajira:

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM

I am in the March group as well... but yes, I am NOTORIOUS for going almost a week over my due date.... So I have a feeling I will have an April baby... not a March baby... lol 

Um... Im losing my plug bit by bit.... and Ive had A LOT of BH contractions...  only a handful of real ones spaced out over a couple of days... 

Quoting kajira:

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

kajira
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:43 PM

I kept thinking she'd come between 36-38 weeks, but who knows. My daughter who I walked around 4-5cm dilated with didn't come until 39 1/2 weeks, but it was only after she flipped headdown. since this baby is ALREADY head down, that changes the playing field a little bit. I can feel her head ramming my cervix.

I think once she gets to a 0 station, or a +1, it won't be much longer after that... but since she's still -2, we will see!

I think I'll make it at least 2 more weeks, but these menstraul like cramps, and pressure down there sure has me confused. I never had that with my daughter (due to her breech and not putting the same pressure on my cervix or engaging until she was flying out. LOL)

Quoting BoogaBooBaby: LOL! That would be most horrible. I hope she doesn't come until your of term but I do believe you will go soon!
Quoting kajira:

kajira
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Ahh!! poor thing. do you usually loose your plug weeks in advance? normally that's a sign of dilation, braxton hick contractions won't usually dilate you, so read the thread on prodromal labor (early labor can last weeks, but it does slowly change your cervix and encourage effacement and dilation.)

But you probably already know this.

BTW welcome to the april group. ;)

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

I am in the March group as well... but yes, I am NOTORIOUS for going almost a week over my due date.... So I have a feeling I will have an April baby... not a March baby... lol 

Um... Im losing my plug bit by bit.... and Ive had A LOT of BH contractions...  only a handful of real ones spaced out over a couple of days... 

Quoting kajira:

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Thanks! Im actually already dilated to a 2 and pretty thinned out... they dont think they will be seeing me after this next dr appt.....  they dont think I will make it to the 30th....  but my kids are stubborn.. so we will see. lol 

Quoting kajira:

Ahh!! poor thing. do you usually loose your plug weeks in advance? normally that's a sign of dilation, braxton hick contractions won't usually dilate you, so read the thread on prodromal labor (early labor can last weeks, but it does slowly change your cervix and encourage effacement and dilation.)

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

kajira
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I'm almost 35 weeks, but i'm dilated 2-3cm, 60% effaced, and babies a -2 station.... and I have no clue when I will deliver. I would have sworn I was in labor a couple days ago, but it finally died down and now i'm just having the occasional contraction, with menstraul type cramps and chunks of mucus plugs. (long strings, nt tiny pieces.)

I'm on progesterone though (my last shot was friday) so, anytime after next week (theoretically) labor could be encouraged, I also had steriods on board, which matures lung development early... and lung development is often what triggers labor to start. (I just posted some science info on that for mom's who want to understand the labor process better.)

Boy's lungs also mature slower than girls... so it would explain why boys tend to "bake" a little longer than girls do.

hopefully, this baby surprises you and you go into labor in the next couple weeks, instead of going a week or two past your due-date.

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Thanks! Im actually already dilated to a 2 and pretty thinned out... they dont think they will be seeing me after this next dr appt.....  they dont think I will make it to the 30th....  but my kids are stubborn.. so we will see. lol 

Quoting kajira:

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)