Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

-update at bottom- They got my hopes up and then ruined them.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:47 AM
  • 9 Replies
Sunday morning I woke up with regular contractions. They disappeared but the off feeling remained along with a tugging/pulling sensation at my cervix. I decided to get checked to be safe. And the end result was my stitch had slipped on one side and was imbedded on the other just slightly.
So the stitch came out this morning, after my nurse assured me that I wouldn't be leaving the hospital empty handed. I called hubby. We got excited. And then labor stalled. I was just too tired after they insisted on keeping me over night, refusing to let me eat or drink. So when they said to get up and walk I was so weak I nearly fainted after only 15 minutes. :-/
So here I am, at almost 2am with contractions. I was told not to wait by my doctor or I would have a baby in the car since I'm sitting on go as he puts it.
36+2, 4cm and fully effaced now. I have an appt at 10:45, and I have a feeling I'm just gonna end up back over at the hospital anyways for more monitoring. It's just frustrating with the back and forth and hubby having to miss work and then having nothing to show for it.

Update:
So he checked me again and swabbed for Group B. Absolutely no changes. Now I've got bloody mucus and no idea if it's show or from being checked. It didn't start till AFTER I went to the grocery store and unloaded groceries. Cause I had to pee at the store too. Bleh.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:02 AM
Oh my! You sound so close!! I know how frustrating that is. We were on our toes for a few days leading up to the real deal. It was exhausting! I can't wait to see your update. Baby will be here soon!!
luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:51 AM
How frustrating! Try to rest and eat as much as you can before going back. Hospital no food policies are so dumb!
KanPsMommy
by Beka on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM
I have an appt at 10:45 this morning. But I'm having panic attacks. Hubby is an hour and a half away. I can't do this on my own.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Good luck!
Bookoholic
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM
L&D here at University of Washington in Seattle allows moms to eat whatever they want unless they get an epidural, then its just liquids.

Quoting luckyinlife: How frustrating! Try to rest and eat as much as you can before going back. Hospital no food policies are so dumb!
KanPsMommy
by Beka on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM
That would have been great. I was allowed ice chips only. It was brutal.

Quoting Bookoholic: L&D here at University of Washington in Seattle allows moms to eat whatever they want unless they get an epidural, then its just liquids.

Quoting luckyinlife: How frustrating! Try to rest and eat as much as you can before going back. Hospital no food policies are so dumb!
kajira
by Emma on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:46 PM

I hope everything goes smoothly. Sorry to hear your having a hard time right now

Bookoholic
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:50 PM
I was totally stoked when I herd that.

Quoting KanPsMommy: That would have been great. I was allowed ice chips only. It was brutal.

Quoting Bookoholic: L&D here at University of Washington in Seattle allows moms to eat whatever they want unless they get an epidural, then its just liquids.

SamKSanders
by Samantha on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:51 AM
That does sound incredibly frustrating! I'm so sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)