Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NICU

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I kind of just dropped off the face of the earth, I'm sorry. So after Stephen was born they had brought him to transition to observe his fast breathing. Well that night he got to come back to my room and stay with us. At about 6am the nurse came to check me and the baby and his blood sugar was really low so they took him back to transition. After an emotional little while they decided to admit him into the NICU because of it and the fact he couldn't really figure out how to suck. It was constantly one thing after another. They kind of don't really like th babies being messed with too much so I started demanding breastfeeding and pumping every 3 hours and ever since he has started getting breastfed he has improved tremendously. Sadly we had to be discharged without him last night.. I can't wait to get back to the hospital to be with him. At this point idk why they are keeping him because he's done a complete 1-80 from what he was..
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
First off, he's adorable!!!
Second, aw I can't imagine leaving the hospital without my baby. Nicu moms are amazingly strong! I m so happy to hear he's getting your milk. Hopefully he'll be home soon.
BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:03 AM
Thank you :) I hope so too.
hiraeth
by Megan on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:50 AM

What a little cutie!  Good for you to make sure he get your milk!  I hope he continues to do well and they let you bring him home!!

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:16 AM
I hope he gets to come home soon!!!!
luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:48 AM
Good for you fighting for your baby! Sorry he is still there and you're at home. Hopefully he gets to go home soon!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:56 AM
I'm so glad you fought to give him what you feel is right! Keep fighting. You are his voice. If they can't explain why they are keeping him then there seems to be no need to keep him. You can get a second opinion if you don't like their reasons too.

I hope he can come home very soon!! I'm glad you shared an update, he's adorable!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)