Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Total waste of time

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had a doctors appointment today and I've had a ton of cramping and contractions. Last week they said they were going to check me today and today she came in and said they'd check next week. I told her she said that last week and she said uh-huh, next week. And that was that. She was in and out in less than a minute and could not have been less interested. I know I could be sitting at 3 cm for weeks but i would still like to know what's going on! I was SO annoyed. Chris was with me and he said she could not have been less interested so it's not like I was being overly sensitive, which I acknowledge is a total possibility.

I might just go give birth in the woods!
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andrea0412us
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM
Wow I'm sorry you had to deal with that. It's not even a question for me. I go into the room, sheet is laid out, and I'm checked. Maybe you will go into labor before next week and be done!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:27 PM
That stinks! I don't want to be checked but my doctors have almost all been attentive. Even the one that was running late today, she still made sure to check if I had any questions or concerns, twice. I hate when they seem to not care!
Do you just have one dr? I go to a practice and won't know who is on call so they try to have us meet them all.
meghs82285
by Meghan on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:35 PM
There's like 8 doctors and we rotate through them. I saw this lady last week, today and my appointment next week is with her but I'm going to call and ask to change it.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: That stinks! I don't want to be checked but my doctors have almost all been attentive. Even the one that was running late today, she still made sure to check if I had any questions or concerns, twice. I hate when they seem to not care!
Do you just have one dr? I go to a practice and won't know who is on call so they try to have us meet them all.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:02 PM
I would try to change it too! I have one midwife that I avoid now. The other drs and midwives have been good overall. But the one that told me I was gaining to much and that "one cookie is OK...a while box is not" obviously doesn't have the most professional attitude so I try to avoid her and hope she's not on call when its time.

Quoting meghs82285: There's like 8 doctors and we rotate through them. I saw this lady last week, today and my appointment next week is with her but I'm going to call and ask to change it.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: That stinks! I don't want to be checked but my doctors have almost all been attentive. Even the one that was running late today, she still made sure to check if I had any questions or concerns, twice. I hate when they seem to not care!
meghs82285
by Meghan on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Wow!!! That's awful!! She shouldn't be giving out medical advice

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I would try to change it too! I have one midwife that I avoid now. The other drs and midwives have been good overall. But the one that told me I was gaining to much and that "one cookie is OK...a while box is not" obviously doesn't have the most professional attitude so I try to avoid her and hope she's not on call when its time.
Quoting meghs82285: There's like 8 doctors and we rotate through them. I saw this lady last week, today and my appointment next week is with her but I'm going to call and ask to change it.

SamKSanders
by Samantha on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM
How frustrating! Sorry mama. I agree, I would call and change who you are seen by next week. Hopefully they check you at this next appointment so you get an idea of what's going on with all the cramping.
kajira
by Emma on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Awww I'm sorry she was like that :( 

BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM
Unbelievable, can you request a different doctor at your office or is it just her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)