Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear, so help me *rant*

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am going to b*tch slap the next person to ask if I had the baby yet. Yup, Had it a week ago. Keeping it a secret for shits and giggles. Think if I threaten to withhold the gender for an extra hour every time I am asked people will stop asking????

Excuse the rant, I am beyond cranky!
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

poor girl. I would just ask them if they shit today just to see the look on their faces and then tell them that's how they are making you feel everytime they ask you. :P

luckyinlife
by Christina on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Haha, thanks I needed that!

Quoting kajira:

poor girl. I would just ask them if they shit today just to see the look on their faces and then tell them that's how they are making you feel everytime they ask you. :P

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I figured :P 

How are you feeling otherwise? I know you're ready to have your baby, and I also know that there's ntohing I can say that will make you feel better until they come out.... LOL

Quoting luckyinlife: Haha, thanks I needed that!
Quoting kajira:

Megs3721
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Bahaha! Punishment certainly fits the crime. I think you should try it.

Quoting luckyinlife: I am going to b*tch slap the next person to ask if I had the baby yet. Yup, Had it a week ago. Keeping it a secret for shits and giggles. Think if I threaten to withhold the gender for an extra hour every time I am asked people will stop asking????

Excuse the rant, I am beyond cranky!
luckyinlife
by Christina on Apr. 9, 2016 at 11:00 AM
I was super tired yesterday. I was up all night previouslytrips the bathroom, baby being super active and just general insomnia. I got a little bit better sleep last night so I feel better. I am having that period cramping feeling again but am just not giving it much thought. Tired of disappointment, lol. Baby will be here soon no matter how you look at it so I am just reminding myself of that everyday. No matter what I won't be pregnant much longer!

Quoting kajira:

How are you feeling otherwise? I know you're ready to have your baby, and I also know that there's ntohing I can say that will make you feel better until they come out.... LOL

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 9, 2016 at 11:30 AM

I'm going to make a suggestion here, and you can totally ignore me.... but... try having some semi-rougher than normal sex, a hot bath and a benedyrl to help you sleep - sometimes the stimulation + relaxation and a good nights sleep, can get things moving because your body's stimulated, but relaxed and rested and can be enough to kick start labor.

I do not recommend doing what I did and not sleeping well for 2+ weeks, then basically not getting ANY sleep the 4 days before you gave birth. I'm still struggling to get enough sleep and catch up. I fell asleep in the car and hit my head on the door on the way home from walmart (hubby was driving, he's taking care of that stuff right now even if I went with him, he's not letting me drive. Apparently i'm too sleep deprived and the doctor told him no driving, or anything more then carrying the baby for 2 weeks while I heal and he's taking it seriously.)

Anyways, with my LAST daughter, a good night sleep, vigorous sex, and then just being relaxed kicked me into labor (well and her flipping out of breech.)

If you're doctor hasn't, you could try having your membranes swept, it obviously can work (it did for me and I was totally skeptical of it working hahaha)

So sometimes there's things you can do to see if you can find a way to get your body working. You can also try taking some black/blue cohash and lobiella tincture. (I did that with my membrane sweep and I definitely think it helped make sure active labor kept going, as soon as I stopped my herb regime to help get things moving, is when labor kicked in hard core about 30 minutes later.)

So, it could have just been coincidence, but the timing on how everything came together, sure seeme dlike they all contributed to their part in making things work properly in a decent time frame.

And, if you want to sit and do nothing, I totally support that too. I'm just not patient enough to just sit around waiting, I'd go insane, so if you manage to sit there and patiently wait, I feel the urge to bow down to you right now because I don't know *how* you do it. LOL

Quoting luckyinlife: I was super tired yesterday. I was up all night previouslytrips the bathroom, baby being super active and just general insomnia. I got a little bit better sleep last night so I feel better. I am having that period cramping feeling again but am just not giving it much thought. Tired of disappointment, lol. Baby will be here soon no matter how you look at it so I am just reminding myself of that everyday. No matter what I won't be pregnant much longer!
Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

luckyinlife
by Christina on Apr. 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Oh, no I have a hands off midwife. Baby will come when ready, but we have been having more sex, lol. And I slept better last night. DH only works a half day today so I will take a nap later. I nap when my youngest does to try to make up my sleepless nights.

Quoting kajira:

I'm going to make a suggestion here, and you can totally ignore me.... but... try having some semi-rougher than normal sex, a hot bath and a benedyrl to help you sleep - sometimes the stimulation + relaxation and a good nights sleep, can get things moving because your body's stimulated, but relaxed and rested and can be enough to kick start labor.

I do not recommend doing what I did and not sleeping well for 2+ weeks, then basically not getting ANY sleep the 4 days before you gave birth. I'm still struggling to get enough sleep and catch up. I fell asleep in the car and hit my head on the door on the way home from walmart (hubby was driving, he's taking care of that stuff right now even if I went with him, he's not letting me drive. Apparently i'm too sleep deprived and the doctor told him no driving, or anything more then carrying the baby for 2 weeks while I heal and he's taking it seriously.)

Anyways, with my LAST daughter, a good night sleep, vigorous sex, and then just being relaxed kicked me into labor (well and her flipping out of breech.)

If you're doctor hasn't, you could try having your membranes swept, it obviously can work (it did for me and I was totally skeptical of it working hahaha)

So sometimes there's things you can do to see if you can find a way to get your body working. You can also try taking some black/blue cohash and lobiella tincture. (I did that with my membrane sweep and I definitely think it helped make sure active labor kept going, as soon as I stopped my herb regime to help get things moving, is when labor kicked in hard core about 30 minutes later.)

So, it could have just been coincidence, but the timing on how everything came together, sure seeme dlike they all contributed to their part in making things work properly in a decent time frame.

And, if you want to sit and do nothing, I totally support that too. I'm just not patient enough to just sit around waiting, I'd go insane, so if you manage to sit there and patiently wait, I feel the urge to bow down to you right now because I don't know *how* you do it. LOL

Quoting luckyinlife: I was super tired yesterday. I was up all night previouslytrips the bathroom, baby being super active and just general insomnia. I got a little bit better sleep last night so I feel better. I am having that period cramping feeling again but am just not giving it much thought. Tired of disappointment, lol. Baby will be here soon no matter how you look at it so I am just reminding myself of that everyday. No matter what I won't be pregnant much longer!

Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 9, 2016 at 11:51 AM

I wish I could nap, but with my youngest refusing to take naps unless in the car driving.... there's no such thing these days as naps for me. LOL

Quoting luckyinlife: Oh, no I have a hands off midwife. Baby will come when ready, but we have been having more sex, lol. And I slept better last night. DH only works a half day today so I will take a nap later. I nap when my youngest does to try to make up my sleepless nights.
Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

Journeysmama11
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I swear I've been feeling the same way! Even the check out lady at the store says that. :( doesn't help at all!
marilyn623
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I went into labor an hr after I got all my paper work done I had been neglecting;) worth a shot!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)