Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Messed up cesarean incision *pic* beware

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

So this past Friday I learned from my doctor that my incision was messed up. I guess I got stapled wrong? The doctor told me I have tissue from the inside hanging out of my incision. So I have to go to an out patient center and will have to have an IV which they will put me to sleep with, then they will take a needle and numb me all around my incision and then they will "redo/fix" it as they call it.. has anyone ever heaRd of this type of thing happening? Has this ever happened to you?
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mamaofblessings
by Rachel on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I havent heard of it but im not surprised...im glad your dr cares enough to fix it, i think normally they just let it go to a huge insision. It looks like its healing nicely though

lmp824
by Laura on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't heard of it either. I get mine checked tomorrow. That stinks you have to get it fixed but it is nice he ks going to fix it for you.
SamKSanders
by Samantha on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow. Ouch. I'm sorry mama. I'm glad they're fixing it. But I've never heard of that. Staples? That sounds painful! I hopefully it's not too painful for you when they fix it.
Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:26 PM

I have never heard of interior tissue being on the outside of the incision. I had staples with my first two csections but never had an issues other then right after my first when I wouldnt stop bleeding. This time on the outside I was only held shut with tape! 

BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM
I know the pic kind of sucks but if you look closely you can kind of see it? It's soo messed up, I've never heard of anything like this happening. :(
BoogaBooBaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM
They always did that to me in the past with my other two! But i also had other doctors.. I'm new to kaiser.. So you got the disolvable stitches. After they took my staples out which was 3 days after surgery, they put the steri-strips on my incision.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I have never heard of interior tissue being on the outside of the incision. I had staples with my first two csections but never had an issues other then right after my first when I wouldnt stop bleeding. This time on the outside I was only held shut with tape! 

Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

disolvable stitches on the inside, I honestly couldnt see or feel anything other then tape on the outside which I thought was strange but then I was at a completely new clinic with new doctors this time and I know that they all have their own ways of doing things. 

Quoting BoogaBooBaby: They always did that to me in the past with my other two! But i also had other doctors.. I'm new to kaiser.. So you got the disolvable stitches. After they took my staples out which was 3 days after surgery, they put the steri-strips on my incision.
Quoting Nicolle_09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)