• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I tested again and now I feel like an idiot....

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM
  • 12 Replies

So.... I guess I'll keep testing with FRER's over the next couple days to see if I need to justify a blood test on wed to my doctor and then a repeat on friday???

I can't tell what my HGC is doing. It should have been gone by now, from my daughters birth about 5 weeks ago (and yes, having had sex 11 days ago and throughout the last few days... a new pregnancy IS possible.)

I just am struggling to figure out wtf my body is doing. O.o I feel so stupid right now. Not because that pregnancy is a possibility (I'm okay with that part.) but that I don't know if it's REAL or not... and that's messing with my head a little bit.

I've never been in this boat. a positive is a positive.... but when it's this situation, a positive may not be a real positive. haha

All with in the 3 minute time frame..... 

This test had some dye run - but it was positive as it was drying.... lol but since the dye ran so bad, I retested using a different one.

here's a pic of this one as it was drying.

Like I said, baffled. This was second morning urine too - I forgot to save FMU. LOL

by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on May. 8, 2016 at 11:20 AM
I would be confused too lol. I probably wouldn't have taken one for a while because I would get excited haha. I guess you'll have to wait a couple days and test again? So hard I know but I don't have any other advice...I would be confused if I were you too.
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 11:30 AM

That's the thing, i've always tested at 3-4 weeks with my last pregnancies, that way I'd KNOW if I was pregnant again, and they've always BEEN negative..........So... yeah... and the people who had faint positives at 4-5 weeks from their pregnancies, were a lot lighter then mine... which makes me baffled.

It shouldn't be this dark this far out. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I would be confused too lol. I probably wouldn't have taken one for a while because I would get excited haha. I guess you'll have to wait a couple days and test again? So hard I know but I don't have any other advice...I would be confused if I were you too.

mammabear413
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:54 PM
Yay I'd be so confused.
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM

yep. no mothersday drink for me lol

Quoting mammabear413: Yay I'd be so confused.

mammabear413
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM
Lol oh no

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 4:14 PM

I bought enough FRERs to test a couple times a day until my dr's apt on wed.... apparently, even with super diluted afternoon urine on almost no hold, is still producing a line on the fRER

Quoting mammabear413: Lol oh no
Quoting kajira:

mammabear413
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Oh wow. Well I don't think I could wait till wed lol

Quoting kajira:

I bought enough FRERs to test a couple times a day until my dr's apt on wed.... apparently, even with super diluted afternoon urine on almost no hold, is still producing a line on the fRER

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

According to Mayo Medical Laboratories, the level of human chorionic gonadotropin will fall to half of its pregnancy concentration in the body within 24 to 36 hours of birth, miscarriage or abortion. From this half-life speed, normal levels should be achieved within roughly one or two weeks. 

This is the consensus from most DR websites.... unless you have tissue, or retained pieces of placenta, or something that would give off HCG results... my midwife said my placenta was intact, and I pretty much stopped bleeding around the 1 week mark, with light spotting for another week, then on and off after that if I was super active, or when we had sex. (but it's not uncommon for me to spot with sex on the best of days anyways.)

Quoting mammabear413: Oh wow. Well I don't think I could wait till wed lol
Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

Tay06
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Good luck either way. I would think you are pregnant though...
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 6:17 PM

If I am, i'm in total fking shock... I'm exclusively breastfeeding, I don't even give pacifiers, and I'm pumping like 4-6x a day PLUS nursing on demand.... O.o O.o O.o

My period didn't come back when I was pumping for 5 1/2 months for my nicu baby.....  so... yikes.

Quoting Tay06: Good luck either way. I would think you are pregnant though...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)