Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing Some Pink Baby Dust!! UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:47 PM
  • 18 Replies
Update: hospital called Tuesday and said there was a "scheduling error" and because the sonographer will be on vacation next week and they. Can't fit me in this week, I go in april 5 now for my anatomy scan. If it wasn't for everyone telling me they are the best hospital for prenatal care and delivery, I'd go somewhere else. I have had this planned for a month and they waited until the day before to tell me. It's inexcusable.

Hi everyone! I know this is the April 2016 baby group but you all were so supportive while I was pregnant with Alaska so I just felt safer expressing myself here. I need A LOT of pink baby dust by Wednesday at 11:40am. We find out the gender of baby #3 then and I'm really hoping for another girl. I have a girl name picked out. I can't find a boy name I love nearly as much as the girl name, and honestly I just don't want another boy. I know it's 50/50 but I could use some support. I have had nightmares about finding out it's a boy and crying. I want to be happy no matter what but I haven't been able to convince myself to be okay with a boy and I have a strong feeling it is a boy. Maybe because I'm so afraid it will be?

Quick update on Alaska: she's walking! And she's a super mama's girl still. Her first birthday is Thursday and that's making me emotional too. She's babbling a lot and knows a few words. She's just a sweet baby that makes every morning bright and happy.
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Mar. 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM

She sounds like she's doing well!!!

Good luck with baby girl dust1

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! And good luck to you while ttc! I hope you are pregnant by your birthday like you hoped!

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 19, 2017 at 2:55 PM

That's only 3 months, so odds are slim... but oh well!

Quoting Tay06: Thank you! And good luck to you while ttc! I hope you are pregnant by your birthday like you hoped!
Quoting kajira:

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM
I have hope for you :)

Quoting kajira:

That's only 3 months, so odds are slim... but oh well!

Quoting Tay06: Thank you! And good luck to you while ttc! I hope you are pregnant by your birthday like you hoped!

Quoting kajira:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM
I will send you all my girl dust and you send me all your boy dust. I don't want another girl. Teenage girls are awful and I don't want 2 at once hahaha. My current teen girl does come with a different set of issues than most though.

We haven't decided if we want to find out this time. We didn't with Piper, we both wanted a boy, but there wasn't time to be disappointed because there she was. But...it'd also be nice to have time to get used to the idea of either...

I swear I get the opposite of what I want, I so wanted a girl the 1st time and got my son. Then I wanted a boy with Piper and got her. So I'm sure this is another girl but a sister for Piper wouldn't be bad I suppose.

Anyway, update us when you find out! Maybe if it's a boy, you get to schedule a prenatal massage or something...give yourself a little incentive so you hopefully won't be super heart broken. And your son would love a little brother ;) it will be ok either way, but I totally get where you're coming from.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:35 AM
You can have all the boy dust and I will gladly accept all the girl dust! LOL! I get to the point where I'm almost okay with it being a boy and then I have another nightmare and it just ruins my excitement. I want to be happy no matter what. Third time is a charm so maybe we will bother get what we want. *fjngers crossed*

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I will send you all my girl dust and you send me all your boy dust. I don't want another girl. Teenage girls are awful and I don't want 2 at once hahaha. My current teen girl does come with a different set of issues than most though.

We haven't decided if we want to find out this time. We didn't with Piper, we both wanted a boy, but there wasn't time to be disappointed because there she was. But...it'd also be nice to have time to get used to the idea of either...

I swear I get the opposite of what I want, I so wanted a girl the 1st time and got my son. Then I wanted a boy with Piper and got her. So I'm sure this is another girl but a sister for Piper wouldn't be bad I suppose.

Anyway, update us when you find out! Maybe if it's a boy, you get to schedule a prenatal massage or something...give yourself a little incentive so you hopefully won't be super heart broken. And your son would love a little brother ;) it will be ok either way, but I totally get where you're coming from.
luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:55 AM
We were team green with Juliette but decided to find out this time. My ODD wants to do a gender reveal, lol, so we decided why not? I have a feeling this one is a girl too though. To the point I am calling baby by our girl name, I feel that strongly. But we will find out soon. I need to get that scheduled.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I will send you all my girl dust and you send me all your boy dust. I don't want another girl. Teenage girls are awful and I don't want 2 at once hahaha. My current teen girl does come with a different set of issues than most though.

luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM
OP you can have all my girl dust! Lol, after four girls I have plenty to go around. I have a feeling mine is a girl again. As soon as we settled on a girl name I just had this overwhelming feeling that baby is a girl and this is her name. I can't describe it. Anyway be sure to update when you find out and I will update here too.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:21 AM
I wish I felt that confident I was having a girl. I want to use my girl name hahaha my son wants to do a gender reveal :)

Quoting luckyinlife: We were team green with Juliette but decided to find out this time. My ODD wants to do a gender reveal, lol, so we decided why not? I have a feeling this one is a girl too though. To the point I am calling baby by our girl name, I feel that strongly. But we will find out soon. I need to get that scheduled.

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely update! I have been going around stealing all the girl dust so maybe you will end up with a boy :) I'm not a boy type of mom. Between the noise and the messes, my son irritates me to no end. And he's got an attitude now too so amwe are really struggling lately as far as our relationship which sucks. He's six and it's easier to take care of his toddler sister than him because he acts like a mix between a tiny teenager and a gigantic toddler 🙄

Quoting luckyinlife: OP you can have all my girl dust! Lol, after four girls I have plenty to go around. I have a feeling mine is a girl again. As soon as we settled on a girl name I just had this overwhelming feeling that baby is a girl and this is her name. I can't describe it. Anyway be sure to update when you find out and I will update here too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)