Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Birthdays!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
We are almost there ladies! The one year mark since our babies came earth side. What are your plans to mark this special day?
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't usually have first birthday parties. We just have cake at home and a couple presents. Since we bought a house we are going to go ahead and do a housewarming/gender reveal/birthday party for Juliette. There is a lot to celebrate :-)
kajira
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

PRobably not much going out to dinner, a messy cake to bust for pictures. That's about it. I'm not big on celebrating birthdays kids won't remember. LOL

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM
We are doing a smash cake, getting a regular birthday cake and she has presents to open. It's just going to be me, her brother and dad and her dad's parents because we moved far away from everyone. Unfortunately it wasn't far enough to keep my husband's parents away and he won't say no to them anymore. 🙄 He's had one day off (including weekends) in the last month (he's an engineer and his company is having trouble finding more engineers so he's picking up the extra work. At least they pay him overtime but every time he's supposed to have the weekend off he never does).'
and his next day off will be Wednesday for us to find out the gender. He took Thursday off for Alaskas bday too. So the two days he's actually home I get to deal with his annoying parents. Great. I put my foot down and said they were not invited to the ultrasound. Sorry i have been in a mood all day.
hiraeth
by Megan on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

We will do a small get together at home with family and a cake for him to smash.  Since he is so little there isn't much point in a big shindig!  I can't believe it is almost a year!

ThePoopFace
by Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so excited!!!! I dont ever do anything big for first birthdays because they wont really remember anyways lol. Im planning a family get together, and ill make Harley her own birthday cake so she can shove her face in it. My oldest is turning 8 the week before, and planning her birthday is taking a lot of my time. 

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:15 PM
We are having our parents, brothers and their wives/gf, and my nephew over. I am going to decorate because it's fun and I want good pictures. We will do a mini cake for her to do herself. I even got 10 free cards from shutterfly, so I made invitations...to send to 5 people/families lol.

We have been planning on announcing our pregnancy that day too...but I'll be 15 weeks. It's getting harder to hide and keep a secret.

And what do you all think about that? Good to announce to everyone at once or bad to take away from Piper's day?
luckyinlife
by Christina on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM
I think that is fine! We are combining too. And at 1 they are not going to know the difference. You should change her into a "being promoted to big sister" shirt after her cake! Then most of the party would be all about Piper.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: We are having our parents, brothers and their wives/gf, and my nephew over. I am going to decorate because it's fun and I want good pictures. We will do a mini cake for her to do herself. I even got 10 free cards from shutterfly, so I made invitations...to send to 5 people/families lol.

We have been planning on announcing our pregnancy that day too...but I'll be 15 weeks. It's getting harder to hide and keep a secret.

And what do you all think about that? Good to announce to everyone at once or bad to take away from Piper's day?
mammabear413
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 9:31 PM
We are having a small party close friends who have kids 3 n under like 6 kids or less. With cake n juice for a few hours. Outside in the yard. Nothing major.
meghs82285
by Meghan on Mar. 22, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Were having cake with grandparents and aunts and uncles. Who doesn't like cake?

We got her a little chair for her birthday and I'm pretty excited about it haha. She loves sitting on the couch but when she wants to get down she just kinda throws herself off so I've banned her from the couch. My nerves can't take it
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Mar. 22, 2017 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I made a shirt to tell my husband, it had "baby" with a big x through it "big sister" underneath it. So I think we will use that. After cake is the perfect time!

Quoting luckyinlife: I think that is fine! We are combining too. And at 1 they are not going to know the difference. You should change her into a "being promoted to big sister" shirt after her cake! Then most of the party would be all about Piper.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: We are having our parents, brothers and their wives/gf, and my nephew over. I am going to decorate because it's fun and I want good pictures. We will do a mini cake for her to do herself. I even got 10 free cards from shutterfly, so I made invitations...to send to 5 people/families lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)