Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving for a Church?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

Well this past Sunday a church in Texas voted to make my husband their Sr. Pastor.  We currently live in northern Ohio.  This is a big change for us.  The only problem is they want to pay my husband $13,000 less than he is making now.  We are a family still paying off college bills and have three kids ages 6,8,10.  I currently work, but do not have any job prospects down in Texas.  I hate to say that money is an issue, but we are living paycheck to paycheck right now and can not imagine living on such a smaller salery.  Why do churches want "Jesus" and get him for "free".  Don't they understand that being a pastor is at least a 60 hr a week job, with lots of emotions involved..   Let's respect the pastors and pay them closer to what they are worth.  We love this new church and would love to say yes to them, and I feel bad asking for more money, but what else can we do? 

angelRachel

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Charlie98
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Where at in Texas?  I know that it's hard when you will be making less, but...if this is really where the Lord wants y'all, then He'll provide for you guys.  I am sure that everything will work out, and just trust in the Lord to help y'all through this.  A lot of Church's don't pay well, mainly because they can't afford it.  I don't think that they want Jesus for "free" it's just what they can afford.  If it's all of the Lord, your every need will be met.  Praying!

luckeyrachel
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Thanks Charlie!  It is San Marcos, Tx between San Antonio and Austin.  I keep praying for patience and God will be done!

Charlie98
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I know it's so hard to see how the Lord will work everything out, especially when you will be taking such a pay cut, but....if it is the Lord's will, all your needs will be met.  I will continue to pray for you guys!

micheledo
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM

I am praying for your decision too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)