Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your SO and you agree on names?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know its still super early, but I'm wondering if the two of you easily agree on names or not? 

DH and I DO NOT! With our DD (Kalea) we immediately agreed, but DH still doesn't super care for her middle name (Brielle)
On our boys names, we disagreed up until the very end. I am starting the naming process now, because DH needs time to "warm up" to the good ones ;-)  

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennishness
by Jennifer on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:20 PM

My husband has always taken the back seat with the naming process, I pretty much just tell him what I'm thinking and as long as he doesn't hate it he rolls with it. He's really laid back! I've gotten him more involved this time but unfortunately he's vetoed quite a few of my middle name ideas! I think he's more opinionated on boy names, he knows I have the full name picked out for a girl. We're still going between Max and Elijah for a boy name... middle names are TBD but I have a list. It's pretty much down to arranging the names in the right order because we do 2 middle names (long names are really common in this country).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't agree at all. He is boring on names. I am definitely not. In the end I have to give him 3 options and make him pick from them. Since I know he will pick the most normal name I kinda rig it lol
Mystic_Magic
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM
We haven't talked about names yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hambergermomma
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM

bwah hah hah! That is my DH and I to a T!!!!! Other than Michael (DS2) my compromise has been to pick names that can either sound traditional or a little different =) 

Alexander (traditional) I like Xander which is not as traditional
Kalea (Non traditional) But she could go by Leah if she chose later
Colson (Not typical) but can go by Cole.

Quoting GoldenLinds: We don't agree at all. He is boring on names. I am definitely not. In the end I have to give him 3 options and make him pick from them. Since I know he will pick the most normal name I kinda rig it lol

Jennishness
by Jennifer on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My Alexander is a Xander! :)

Quoting Hambergermomma:

bwah hah hah! That is my DH and I to a T!!!!! Other than Michael (DS2) my compromise has been to pick names that can either sound traditional or a little different =) Alexander (traditional) I like Xander which is not as traditional Kalea (Non traditional) But she could go by Leah if she chose laterColson (Not typical) but can go by Cole.  

Quoting GoldenLinds: We don't agree at all. He is boring on names. I am definitely not. In the end I have to give him 3 options and make him pick from them. Since I know he will pick the most normal name I kinda rig it lol

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

JCplus1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 6:37 AM
We have agreed on a boys name.

Every girl name we have liked (not necessary the other agrees) has ended in an "a".

Ava, Emma, Dakota, Bianca, Sophia, mya,etc etc
alekandmommy711
by Lizzie on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Names are also a struggle for us. My sons are Aleksander Jace, Ryder Micah, and Kyson York. When deciding on a name for our first born, he kept suggesting John, Matthew, Michael, Noah, Jack, which we all too popular for my taste. So for Aleksander's name, we took a popular name and changed a letter to make it more unique. Ryder was a name we both loved immediately, even though it is sorta on the popular side. Kyson was found online last minute when we got into a fight about if we were naming the baby Kyle or Tyson. 

As for the name for this baby, we are stumped. We really like Casey for a boy but I personally feel its too popular. As for a girl, I like Maisie but he isn't a fan. The middle name for a boy will most likely be Stephen and for a girl Elizabeth. 

Johlsh
by Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 3:44 AM
For a girl we already have a name and middle picked out and both agree, but for a boy we have completely different ideas. He's stubborn.
mrsmizcell
by Michelle on Oct. 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I want to name the baby after my brother who passed away 3 years ago. Hubby is fine with that as they were friends and he understands it's important to me
Hambergermomma
by on Oct. 10, 2015 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest sons name is also Alexander Jayce! :-)

Quoting alekandmommy711:

Names are also a struggle for us. My sons are Aleksander Jace, Ryder Micah, and Kyson York. When deciding on a name for our first born, he kept suggesting John, Matthew, Michael, Noah, Jack, which we all too popular for my taste. So for Aleksander's name, we took a popular name and changed a letter to make it more unique. Ryder was a name we both loved immediately, even though it is sorta on the popular side. Kyson was found online last minute when we got into a fight about if we were naming the baby Kyle or Tyson. 

As for the name for this baby, we are stumped. We really like Casey for a boy but I personally feel its too popular. As for a girl, I like Maisie but he isn't a fan. The middle name for a boy will most likely be Stephen and for a girl Elizabeth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)