Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

My biological father is paying Cash for my high risk OB/Gyn appointments. I have gone through quite a few pregnancy loses in the last few years and my father is trying to make up for never being around during my childhood by paying for the best high risk OB/ gyn in a 50 mile radius of where I live. I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and have already had my confirmation appointment and an ultrasound and have a follow up appointment to check for heart beats next week. I had quite a scare about a week ago and went to ER for fear of a miscarriage. Er told me there was no sign of miscarriage but they could not tell me for sure one way or the other and to follow up with my doctor. The High Risk OB/ Gyn said that she saw no obvious signs of miscarriage and to just take it easy, no strenuous activity, no sex, pretty much modified bed rest. I got a call from the nurse at her office that completely contradicted the original orders stating that the doctor wants me to continues taking it easy but to get in an hour walk each day. I'm so confused. I clarified with her 4 times before hanging up but she assured me that this is what the doctor ordered. I'm quite concerned. I do not want to do anything that will put my children in danger.

Should I seek a second opinion? 

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:13 PM
I really have no clue. A second opinion is probably a good idea.
GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly. My belief as a midwife in training I that nothing you do or don't do at this point will change the eventual outcome. I say this having losses of my own. That being said your overall health needs to be maintained and walking is crucial to that. Being in bed all day isn't healthy for you or a pregnancy thus early on.
Ma2Liam
by Annette on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:26 PM
You could always call and ask to speak to your doctor to clarify.

I am with goldenlinds and say if you have no risk of mc by 2 doctors some easy walking exercise would be a good option. You could always start slow, like 15 min, and work up to longer if you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)