Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car seat travel systems?? need guidance.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

i am not due until June, but i am wanting to get an idea of what brand of carseat to look into for my newborn baby. its been 7 years and i feel out of the loop but keep seeing recalls. do any of you ladies have any recommendations? i would like to get a travel system so that i can easily put the seat from the base to the stroller. i want something safe obviously, but also comfy and supportive of a newborn's floppiness. thanks!

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:40 AM
Good question, I could use some recommendations too. I haven't even started looking into car seats yet and it's been awhile since I've shopped for one.
Ma2Liam
by Annette on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally I loved chicco brand seats for bucket seats. That is what I would be going for if I was doing a bucket seat. They are in the pricey end though.

If you are more on a budget the graco buckets are a good choice just try to go for the bucket that has 30 or higher in the name.

A low end that still fits newbies fairly well is the baby trend. Many people complain about the puzzle buckle and the weird triangle handle but it is still a decent seat on a budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I definitely vote Chicco if you can spend the money on it. They just are comfy for baby, easy to use and tidy. But if you need budget friendly then a graco is always a safe bet. Honestly you never know what might be recalled so ju st make sure the first thing you do is to register your gear!!!
AllNaturalMum
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We prefer the Chicco Keyfit30 for our infant bucket seat. They are easy to install, and clean up really well when the inevitable happens.

I'm curious about their new stroller too... But we need a double, so it is out of the question for us.

cannonmom324
by Member on Jan. 26, 2016 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i went today to target and saw a chicco travel system that im going to go get tomorrow. i didnt get it today because i wanted to see the color options, and to my surprise it looks like everyone on here is voting chicco. this one is 300 but i already looked at it in store and LOVED it!  heres the link, we are getting the red one. they have other colors on other sites but im going with this one, here ya go! http://www.target.com/p/chicco-cortina-keyfit-30-travel-system/-/A-16343355#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=stroller+travel+system

Quoting cabrandy03: Good question, I could use some recommendations too. I haven't even started looking into car seats yet and it's been awhile since I've shopped for one.

cannonmom324
by Member on Jan. 26, 2016 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

before i even checked any of these replies i went to target and saw this exact stroller and fell in love! im glad i chose that one because it looks like most everyone on here is suggesting that brand. woot woot. thank you!

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

We prefer the Chicco Keyfit30 for our infant bucket seat. They are easy to install, and clean up really well when the inevitable happens.

I'm curious about their new stroller too... But we need a double, so it is out of the question for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)