Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First purchase? ?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
Have you bought anything for baby yet??
What was your first purchase??
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ma2Liam
by Annette on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:44 PM
Oh goodness I have bought a lot over the years. my first purchase after getting a sticky baby was a gender neutral outfit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't bought anything. I will probably get a boy and a girl one piece sleeper for coming home from the hospital since we won't know until then. After that I'll just use what I have for whatever sex it is from my son or daughter. I'm excited for a summer baby and minimum clothing in the beginning. My daughter was October and son was March so they both had to be so bundled up to go anywhere.

blessedtohave7
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:17 PM
Nothing yet ...I have a ton of things from my last baby 2014.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM
I'm excited for a warm weather baby too. Dd was born in late November.

Quoting scoopneck99:

I haven't bought anything. I will probably get a boy and a girl one piece sleeper for coming home from the hospital since we won't know until then. After that I'll just use what I have for whatever sex it is from my son or daughter. I'm excited for a summer baby and minimum clothing in the beginning. My daughter was October and son was March so they both had to be so bundled up to go anywhere.

AllNaturalMum
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Diapers! HA!

Now that we know gender I've gotten most of what we need for newborn clothing, the majority of diapers, and lots of swaddle blankets. Our big ticket items will be purchased after we move. For now I am working on our home birth supply list.

novababy1112
by Chrissy on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:56 PM

we will have to move before the baby is born so I haven't bought anything yet..i don't want to pack more than we already have to especially while I'm pregnant so we will wait until we move to buy anything...whole reason we r moving I BC we don't have enough space where we are as it is and I can't stand the clutter we already have from not having anywhere to put things so I don't want to add to my frustration there

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 26, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. We haven't purchased anything either yet. We're moving this coming up weekend and since there is no extra space here where we've been staying we've had to wait.
Have you found a new place yet or still looking?

Quoting novababy1112:

we will have to move before the baby is born so I haven't bought anything yet..i don't want to pack more than we already have to especially while I'm pregnant so we will wait until we move to buy anything...whole reason we r moving I BC we don't have enough space where we are as it is and I can't stand the clutter we already have from not having anywhere to put things so I don't want to add to my frustration there

novababy1112
by Chrissy on Jan. 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM

We actually can't even start looking yet because we don't know where his job hunt is going to take us. He may find a job around here but he is also going to be looking for jobs in other towns. I am hoping closer to my family (2 hours away) but we won't know for sure until he gets the job and in the meantime the search is pretty pointless because even if we find a place we would like now, it may not be available anymore at the time we need it and he may not get a job in the area that it is in. Not being able to know for sure and search confidently is really driving me crazy but I am trying not to stress about it. I know we will get things figured out when the time comes :)

Quoting cabrandy03: Yeah, I hear ya. We haven't purchased anything either yet. We're moving this coming up weekend and since there is no extra space here where we've been staying we've had to wait. Have you found a new place yet or still looking?
Quoting novababy1112:

AllNaturalMum
by Member on Jan. 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM

We are moving too -- waiting to hear back from our mortgage broker to see if we can buy a house, or if we need to look for another rental.

Everything I have acquired for Garrett is stored in plastic bins (already packed, lol!) in my bedroom, along with all our home birth supplies. It is driving me crazy - we need another dresser and a twin bed for our 1 yr old... :/ Nesting is killing me.

Quoting novababy1112:

We actually can't even start looking yet because we don't know where his job hunt is going to take us. He may find a job around here but he is also going to be looking for jobs in other towns. I am hoping closer to my family (2 hours away) but we won't know for sure until he gets the job and in the meantime the search is pretty pointless because even if we find a place we would like now, it may not be available anymore at the time we need it and he may not get a job in the area that it is in. Not being able to know for sure and search confidently is really driving me crazy but I am trying not to stress about it. I know we will get things figured out when the time comes :)

Quoting cabrandy03: Yeah, I hear ya. We haven't purchased anything either yet. We're moving this coming up weekend and since there is no extra space here where we've been staying we've had to wait. Have you found a new place yet or still looking?
Quoting novababy1112:

BabyGaga
novababy1112
by Chrissy on Jan. 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM

omg nesting lol I already dislike the clutter but i can normally put up with it to a certain point but with the urge to nest it is really driving me insane! There is so little space! we have so many things we use on a daily basis with no specific place to put them when they aren't being used. Things end up getting thrown wherever is convienent at the time which makes for lost items. I cannot wait to have our own place!! I have the urge to clean and organize but then I get so frustrated with not having a place to put things that I just give up. It is such a pointless battle right now :(

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

We are moving too -- waiting to hear back from our mortgage broker to see if we can buy a house, or if we need to look for another rental.

Everything I have acquired for Garrett is stored in plastic bins (already packed, lol!) in my bedroom, along with all our home birth supplies. It is driving me crazy - we need another dresser and a twin bed for our 1 yr old... :/ Nesting is killing me.

Quoting novababy1112:

Quoting novababy1112:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)