Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins update 3/10/16

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I went and seen my Twin doctor yesterday and the babies are growing wonderfully. I mentioned to them how they like to kick away at my cervix so they decided to do a vaginal ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. Everything looks wonderful besides my cervix is shortenend just a little bit. He says it is perfectly normal but I however am flipping out about it lol. I have not been giving bed rest orders which I am greatful about, I just need to pace myself with whatever it is I do which is orders I've given myself. I'm just worried I don't want them coming too soon, but I know I will not make it to June 19th and they know it too. We've went with 38 weeks induction from the beginning but it may be end of May early June is what I'm thinking. They are very active babies to say the least but they need to calm down just a bit on my cervix lol. My first borns pregnancy was completely healthy and full term she was born at 37 weeks. This pregnancy is definitely different for me everything is going perfect besides that little hiccup in the road lol. Has anyone else ever experienced this and carried almost full term??

photo tinkerbell_signature_by_kiero156-d5bwvsf_zps3kycapl8.png
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad they are growing and healthy!! I have no experience with twins or a shortened cervix but if your doctor isn't too concerned about it, try not to worry about it too much, sounds like everything is going fine.
A friend of mine had twins last year, I think she carried them to 36 weeks and they were both born perfectly healthy.
mcguirebaby
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my son at 38 1/2 weeks and my twins at 35 weeks and 5 days. All were completely healthy. I didn't have a vaginal ultrasound in the middle of the twin pregnancy to check cervical length. I had lots of braxton hicks contractions starting early on with both pregnancies. 

rebecky937
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:42 AM

I'm blessed that they're doing so great! Just wish they'd be a bit more patient lol at least for another few weeks lol. They both are doing great on the growth chart! 

scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not had a complete twin pregnancy but I was pregnant with twins for my first pregnancy and I lost one due to abuse around 14 weeks and got my appendix out at 16 weeks. By 28 weeks I was 2cm dilated and made it to the day before my due date. Had a perfectly healthy little girl. Definitely not the same but your body will do what it is going to do. I was supposed to be on bed rest but couldn't afford not to work and ended up working on my feet about 40-45 hours a week and still made it. If you can just take it easy and make sure you're staying hydrated and eating well so even if they come early they will be getting th best while they are still in! Good luck😃😃

Ma2Liam
by Annette on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:02 PM
I know cervix changes can happen anytime during pregnancy and not really mean a thing. This baby seems to like sitting right above my pelvis so I get a ton of cervix kicks.

Glad your twins are coming along nicely. Hopefully they cooperate and you get 2 healthy babies at the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebecky937
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Yes me too lol. So far so good I'm fine with going at 35 weeks at the least. But god has a plan for everything he'll have them come when it's time. I'm due June 19th but they know I will deliver before then. They will induce me if I make it to 38 weeks so either way I'm winning lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)