Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you watch the scale?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
How much weight have you gained this pregnancy? Do you pay attention to your weekly gains or you leave the scale watching to your doctor or midwife?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:33 PM

As of my 28 week appointment I was up about 20 lbs. I don't care because my body gains what it needs to. I work a physical job which adds up to 3-5 miles a day walking. I gained around 50 with my daughter (about 30 technically if you subtract the 20 I lost) and weighed about 157 when I delivered, the next day weighed 127. I weighed about 162(gained 40) when I delivered my son and was about 135 after delivery. 

SeattleBabyBump
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Nope. I haven't stepped on the scale once this pregnancy.
Jennishness
by Jennifer on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:00 AM

My weight is still in the negative from pre-pregnancy but I'm plus sized and generally don't gain much during pregnancy. I don't have much of an appetite this pregnancy.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:35 AM
I'm up about 25 lbs so far. Hoping to keep it under 35 total by the end but I think I may end up going over by a few lbs. Not a big deal though, I started out a little under weight so a little extra isn't an awful thing. My body tends to respond well to diet and exercise and breastfeeding seems to just suck weight off me so I know I can drop the extra weight later.
j.patzer
by Member on Apr. 13, 2016 at 11:13 PM

I watch it closely, I was hospitlized at 28/29 weeks with both my babies. 

#1 i was 137 at conception/first OB apt and 226 at birth.

#2 I was 163 at conception/first OB apt and at 31 weeks Im hovering at 178.

AshleyD82
by Ashley on Apr. 14, 2016 at 9:42 AM
At my appointment this last Tuesday - 30 weeks and 5 days, I was up 7.4 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but 15.1 lbs if you include the weight I lost and gained back in my first trimester from being sick so much!! Doctor said it's all ok though and I'm still considered on track for under 20 lbs..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)