Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soft spot is closed early. Reffered to a neurosurgoen. Scared to death.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

So we had Adeline's four month check up yesterday. She's developing great, gaining weight, looking good, acting like a four month old should. She's perfect. However... her soft spot is gone, the pediatricians said the bones either grew together to cover the spot or they fused together. They couldn't be sure. They have reffered us to a neurosurgoen for a CT scan within the next 2 weeks.

I am terrified.

She's healthy, her head is a great shape and has looked good on the growth curve staying steady at around 30%. The doctor said surgery is a possibility and that would be done at around 9 months of age.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anyone who has gone through this?

Thank you..

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ma2Liam
by Annette on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:32 PM
I knew of someone whos baby had the same thing. Everything turned out ok and no surgery was needed.

I hope everything is fine in your case. Please let us know what happens.

She is so cute and I love her hair!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:02 PM
No experience but I had a friend who's son had this happen. He was about 5 months old but she also had a lot of other medical issues when she was pregnant so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. He was delayed in walking, talking and had some slight learning disabilities but you would honestly never know, he seemed like your average boy to me. Good luck! Update when you can! Don't google it eithet, let the doctor give information.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Oct. 29, 2016 at 11:21 AM
I have no experience. Sending you lots of good vibes and prayers, hopefully it ends up being nothing to worry about.
Ahildreth
by Amanda on Oct. 30, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Thank you. We need the prayers right now. I had no complications during pregnancy and all seems normal with her. She is developmentally on track. This does not run in our families either... our appt is November 22. I'll update then.
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2016 at 4:32 PM
Any update? I was thinking about you guys and I hopened all went well
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Thinking about you guys! Hope all is well!
Ahildreth
by Amanda on Dec. 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM
I just made a new post updating. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. I really do appreciate the community support here. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)