Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pacifiers

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
Pacifiers/soothers whatever you call them (since there seems to be a ton of different names).

Does your LO still have one?
When do you plan on getting rid of them?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JCplus1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Kessel only has one when he's tired or if he sees on in reach he will put it in (not usually for long 5-10mins). I'm feeling we should stop the soothers during nap time and maybe waiting for another couple of weeks and stop giving him one at night. However, at night he usually falls asleep with out in, it's when he wakes up around 11pm looking for one.
Ma2Liam
by Annette on Jun. 5, 2017 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Moira still has one to fall asleep. Most times for nap it stays in but overnight she spits it out. She has been really fussy in the car lately so I have started giving her one just because it keeps her from crying so much. She also gets one at my moms house when she watches her.

At home it is pretty much confined to sleep time. I plan to let her keep it until 2 but then ditch it. Mostly by just limiting the time she gets it.

She still has a very high suck drive and is not 'dependent' on it so I don't mind her having it still.
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I never did pacifiers but I did breal down with Brooklyn and buy one thay she never used. I sucked my thumb until I was 5 so I've always been scared to give one and not be able to break the habit. As long as its not always in their mouth or damaging teeth/interfering with speech you're probably fine and he will give it up on his own.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Rosslyn has one but has never cared much for them. She only uses it very occasionally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)