Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you decide to find out or not?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
Some parents like to be prepared and others love a surprise. What are your reasons for wanting to know or not?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LionsSiren
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to be prepared and I don't want just green or yellow.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM

I also like to be prepared. I like to have a name and we struggle to pick just one lol I cannot imagine picking 2. I like to shop sales and clearances too. I'm not the biggest fan of yellow gray and green.

If my babies were closer together in age I would have thought about waiting.

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM
We like to be prepared- pick a name, buy new clothes and stuff with the corresponding colors and theme. We would also like to tell our 3 boys if they're having a little brother or little sister.
_ethansmommy
by Shaunna on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of all the neutral stuff. I want to have the perfect name picked out as well.
Countrymommy7
by Jo on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:56 PM
I have always wanted to wait and be surprised but I have to plan and prepare for everything so it just makes it too hard for me. I like the baby to have their name by 20 weeks so the other kids get use to having a boy or a girl and calling them by name.
ChristinaH
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:39 PM
I like to find out because I don't have patience to not know. I also lile to be prepared. We have 3 boys and are debating on not finding out this time, but I'm not sure if I can handle it.
JadeHope
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:33 PM
Do you mean about gender?

I don't want to be surprised, I want to be able to prepare for this baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:20 AM
We always pick out two names... So that's not an issue. But I don't really like neutral clothes except for white it cream (which both stain so badly, I try not to get too much).
I really love finding out as early as possible. Since I can read ultrasounds, that's generally around 12-14 weeks. Lol For me, it's easier to bond with a him/her rather then an "it".
I wouldn't mind being surprised if I only had to wait 3-4 months... But 9 months is pushing it. Lol
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:26 AM
We have 3 boys as well :)

Quoting ChristinaH: I like to find out because I don't have patience to not know. I also lile to be prepared. We have 3 boys and are debating on not finding out this time, but I'm not sure if I can handle it.
.Blondie.
by Twin Boys! on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:57 PM

I like to plan. DH is military and there are constant unknowns and we move frequently. So if there is something in my control, like finding out the gender of our baby, then I am on board.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)