Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED caffeine!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

Caffeine junky here. I'll admit it. When I got my BFP, I stopped with the coffee and caffeine all together. IDK. Some say it's fine, others swear it causes birth defects or low birth weight. Whatever....
This pregnancy is kicking my ass already. I'm so exhausted and I really don't remember being this sleepy with my son....at least not this early in the game. I can't stay up past 8:30pm when I'm normally crawling into bed around 11:00pm. I can't seem to get motivated to get out of bed in the morning and it's a struggle to stay awake at my desk at work. I've been taking naps in my car on my lunch break daily and then I'm STILL exhausted!!! What in the world is going on?!?!
Anyone else experiencing fatigue?? What are you doing to fight it??

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LionsSiren
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I am super tired as well. I was a caffeine junkie too. I'm down to a cup of coffee per day. I was told 2 cups per day is completely fine.
PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Ocassionally, I'll sneak a few drinks of my husband's Pepsi when he isn't looking. LoL

MommiE8983
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:56 AM
I'm soooo tired all the time. I had to cut out my naps during the day though because it was making me toss and turn all night. It's brutal trying not to fall asleep during the day. I never was a big coffee drinker so I'm not having that issue. I haven't figured out anything that helps. I do remember having the same issue when I was pregnant with dd so I'm guessing this is totally normal.
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM
I am almost always caffeine free (I'll have a coke about twice a month sometimes). So I should be used to living without caffeine.... But still I'm so super exhausted. I'm border line anemic, I've got hyperthyroidism, and I'm not able to absorb B vitamins very well... So on a normal day... I can be pretty tired. But nothing like it is now!! I can barely get out of bed, and sometimes I don't even bother. It's horrible and I feel guilty for being so lazy!!!! Lol
PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM

OMG....work is so sloooooowww today. I'm doing everything I can to try and stay alert! Minimal incoming calls. I'm all caught up on invoicing (A/R) and my schedules for Monday and Tuesday are completed. What to do, what to do, what to do. Secretly hoping they decide to close early as all 3 of the businesses run out of our office (appliance repair, window and door sales, and garage door repair) are all noticably slow/dead. Crossing my fingers for an early Friday!!

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM
I am experiencing really really bad fatigue. I don't know how to fight it! I have 0 energy all the time and just want to lay down or sleep :-/
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM
I'm right there with you. I am constantly feeling exhausted its so hard for me to get the kids off to school & go to work then come home and do all the household necessities. I am still drinking one cup of coffee in the morning, but it is hardly doing the trick.
JadeHope
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:09 PM
I've felt a little more tired a few times, but honestly I'm more energized and awake most days. Last night I didn't get to bed until about 4 and was wide awake again at 8.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)