Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you react?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
Were you surprised? If so, how long did it take to get over the shock?
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I've seen baby twice, heard the heart beat twice and had 2 appts already but it still hasn't really hit me yet. We wanted to be done after our third and were using protection so we were more than just surprised lol. My sil is also pregnant- she was trying for almost 2 years. I guess this is just God's will.
novachick
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM
We were trying so I wasn't too surprised but I was surprised by how quickly it happened. I had the paragard in for 3&1/2 years and it worked perfectly for me. We took it out and 5 weeks later I was pregnant.
whyfie
by Nika on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:36 PM
still shocked! my last period was Dec. im still breastfeeding my son multiple times a day. randomly on a whim i decided he wouldn't pull out, and he didn't object...pregnant immediately. who could've guessed!?! i still can't believe it!
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM
I was trying but I have infertility issues, so it doesn't always happen for me. When I saw that stick get a pink line so fast, I literally started jumping up and down and squeeing. I called my husband to tell him. Then called my mother. I didn't tell anyone else for several weeks, but I wanted to shout it to the world! Lol
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:57 PM
I'm still BF too :-)

Quoting whyfie: still shocked! my last period was Dec. im still breastfeeding my son multiple times a day. randomly on a whim i decided he wouldn't pull out, and he didn't object...pregnant immediately. who could've guessed!?! i still can't believe it!
JadeHope
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm surprised it happened so fast, my first cycle of trying and testing I got a positive. I know I'm pregnant, but I think it'll really and truly sink in once I've seen the ultrasound and heard the heartbeat.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 8:34 AM

I was super excited and a little surprised. We weren't going to start trying for another week or so. My period wasn't due for 5-6 more days. We only had sex like 4 times that month because my hubby work and school schedule. I was figuring it would take several months of trying. I was very surprised that I got a positive so early and that we were.

LionsSiren
by on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM
I am excited but we were both very surprised. I was on birth control. We weren't sure if we just wanted one baby or wanted another. Happy my little boy is going to be a big brother though! This will be our last and DH is getting snipped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)