Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone doing fitness while pregnant?

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have that itch. I wanna work out again. I'm worried about working out again and I know I should be okay to do so. I was healthy and working out when I miscarried. Seemed all my sloth-like pregnancies thrived so I stopped working out, but I want to again. I'm in the second trimester. Safe zone, right? I've got hip hop abs, t25, and 21DF to do. Yoga and Pilates don't give me the fitness high.

Anyone doing fitness while pregnant to give me hope? I don't wanna do something to put this pregnancy at risk.
by on May. 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on May. 30, 2016 at 1:07 PM
If you are looking for a "fitness high" then you are probably doing too much for pregnancy, so just try to keep it on the light side just case and if you feel winded, take it down a notch. Most people can do the majority of their own pre-pregnancy workouts but some people have to do much less if their uteruses don't agree! Lol I personally don't work out either way. It's too much calories to make up later in eating and it tires me out (I have a blood disorder that causes deficiencies). (I'm 100 lbs and can't easily make muscles. Lol)
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on May. 30, 2016 at 2:54 PM
I started doing Zumba in January a little after my birthday (which is also when I conceived) and I loved it! I didn't even know I was pregnant so I was going hard, 4 times a week, sometimes 2-3 hours sessions (with short breaks in between). I stopped around 7 weeks when I got hit with morning sickness and that's when I found out I was expecting. I plan to resume again in a week :) I won't go as hard as I normally would but it should still be fun.
whyfie
by Nika on May. 30, 2016 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
i usually work out pretty hard. i was in the gym heavy when i miscarried before my son. i definitely blamed myself! altho, i worked out heavy with my previous pregnancies, once i got pregnant after the miscarriage i was too scared to keep it up. i started a light work out about a month into my 2nd trimester & felt so much better. this go round ive kept my yoga & weights...now that it's finally warm out, im gonna get back to running. i don't beleive in the old schook philosophy that pregnant women can't work out. i don't think it's a good time to start a new strenuous program, but if u're accustomed to it & listen to ur body u should be fine.
.Blondie.
by Twin Boys! on May. 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM
I currently feel like I got hit in the crotch bone with a crowbar so I'm no help here. I can handle walk without pain.
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on May. 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM
As soon as I have some energy back I am going to continue going to the gym.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM

I've been going to the gym but stopped when I was having some stomach pains. I'm going to start getting back there Thursday. I'd go tomorrow but my hubby works at 7 am and then we have bible study at church tomorrow evening.

I just hop on the elliptical for a while and try to take it easier than before. If I'm feeling uncomfortable or crampy I slow down or stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)