Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many months am I?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay...so some guy behind me in line asked "7 months?. I say..."no..6 months" cause I'm thinking...I have 3 months left so I must be 6 months. Then I start to think...well,the last month is considered 9 (October) and the month before that would be 8 (September), so...August must be the 7 month! Ack... I guess I accidentally lied! Lol
I'm due November 1st so I only have 88 days left! A cashier asked me if I was about to deliver though...so I had to say "no...I've got 3 more months!". Lol
I mostly pay attention to the weeks...27 along now!
Any comments about how far along you are that threw you for a minute?
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LionsSiren
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Nope not yet but I get so confused on the dang months, because we're really pregnant for 40 weeks which is 10 months. I'd rather go by weeks like you. Haha!
whyfie
by Nika on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM
no confusion for me, but i do get why ppl get mixed up. going by weeks is easier & better cuz it's more exact. i think about it like this: 36wks is the start of the 9th month, much like Sept 1st is the start of the 9th month...by the time 40wks rolls around it's Oct, the 10th month.
that said, u're at the end of ur 6th month. once u hit 28wks u start month 7.
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Aug. 5, 2016 at 4:48 AM
After reading more about it. I've noticed the debate goes on and on. Some people go by weeks divided by four, others by how many months you have left, still others by counting it as ten months instead of 9. Lol Guess I can say I'm 6 months pregnant and heading into my 7th month!!!
Imortlmommy
by Julie on Aug. 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM
I just tell people I have 11-13 wks left or I'm 26.3 of 40 wks. Or depending on the person, I say I'm 6.5-7 months along.
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Every 4 weeks is a month to me. I'm 24 weeks so 6 months.
I get the opposite all the time. I'll say something like I'm pregnant and the person will be like are you? How far?
I say 6 months and they are shocked like wow I would not have known you were pregnant had you not said it.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM

I go by months not every 4weeks(months are not 4weeks long). If you are due Nov.1 you are 6 full months and in your 7th month. I would say anyway.

HollyNovember
by Holly on Aug. 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM
No, but I still don't look pregnant unless I wear a very tight shirt, so no one knows to ask.
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Aug. 12, 2016 at 2:06 AM
No comments here but I get confused as well and then some weeks I don't pay as much attention and then when I look at a pregnancy app I'm like wow I can't believe how far along I am. Next week I will officially be in the 3rd trimester and it seems so soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)