Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

How often do you see you doctor/midwife? When will you start seeing them more frequently?

I have read that most people start going every 2 weeks around/after 28 weeks. I think my doctors office waits a little longer than that. They have changed now so I wonder if this new doctor will start earlier (around week 28).

My guess is.... I go in at 27 weeks, 4 weeks later I will be 31 and I think at that point  will go every 2 weeks at 33, 35, maybe then every week 36,37,38 then maybe twice a week. I'm not sure. This is my 4th baby but I can never remember lol.

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:53 AM
I'll be 30 + weeks at my next appt on the 24th, then from there I'll get seen every other week. Then I believe 36 weeks starts weekly appts.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it crazy? I feel like once I start going more often things speed up. It's only August but we are almost there!

Quoting Butterfly_xo: I'll be 30 + weeks at my next appt on the 24th, then from there I'll get seen every other week. Then I believe 36 weeks starts weekly appts.

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:59 AM
I know! I feel like this pregnancy is just flying by! Appts every other week seems crazy to me because it's approaching so quickly.

Quoting butterflycircle:

Isn't it crazy? I feel like once I start going more often things speed up. It's only August but we are almost there!

Quoting Butterfly_xo: I'll be 30 + weeks at my next appt on the 24th, then from there I'll get seen every other week. Then I believe 36 weeks starts weekly appts.

Imortlmommy
by Julie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:27 AM
I have my next appt on the 12th. I'll be 27.3wks along. I'm hoping my dr will start the biweekly appts after that. I'm thinking once I reach 35wks it should hit weekly.

I'm just ready to set dates and make plans for baby, but we're still not prepared. Still needing so many things done that won't get done until after baby is here. And husband and kids start school on the 22nd of this month so I've got other countdown timers to keep me busy.
LionsSiren
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM
I saw my midwife yesterday and am starting every 2 weeks now. I'll be 27 weeks Monday and she considers 27 weeks 3rd trimester
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM
I'm seeing my midwife on the 10th and I think they are moving me up to every two weeks. (I'll be 28 weeks) I know during the last month at least, they see me every week. I'll be happy for things to progress & get so exciting but I'm dreading all the co-pays. Lol I mean....every time I go in and say "yes, I'm doing fine!" I could be buying a box of diapers. Lol I'm not usually so cynical, we are just having financial issues atm. :(
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:17 PM
25 week appointment (I rescheduled my 24w)
28 week appointment
30 week appointment
32 week appointment
34 week appointment
36 week appointment
Then 37, 38, 39, 40 week appointment.
Then I think it's bi weekly after that. I've never made it that far.
whyfie
by Nika on Aug. 7, 2016 at 10:36 PM
i usually like to have my appointments on the even week, but i started @ 11wks & never corrected it with my future appts. my next appt is the 24th, i'll be 27wks...then i start my every 2wk appts. i already have my appts scheduled thru to Oct. 36wks starts the weekly appts, but since im on the odd week, i'll start @ 35wks. idk what happens after 40wks.
jenaree
by Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:40 AM

I go in on Wednesday and I expect that my appt's will move up to every 2 weeks until I am 32 weeks. I am high risk though due to my other 3 pregnancies which all went to shit at the end. If I wasn't high risk my Dr wouldnt have my move up to every 2 weeks until I was 32 weeks along. I will probably start going every week at 32 weeks and getting NST done each time. My Dr has basically told me that he will do whatever I want him to do so if I want ultrasounds/NST done he will do them. I am going to try not to be too demanding but I do want quite a bit of monitoring to help with the anxiety that comes with the end of my pregnancies. 

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Aug. 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM

I'm at bi-weekly already and I think he said I start weekly at 32 weeks due to the GD. I'm not sure. The end of my last appt was kind of a blur. I was just so overwhelmed with relief that I kinda zoned out. LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)