Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your doctor check fundal length?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
This is the first pregnancy where the doctor checked it ONCE and hadn't checked it since. He barely lets us listen to the heat beat at each appt.

I remember all my previous pregnancies (last was 7+ yrs ago) and I'd lay down and they'd pull out the measuring tape and measure from above the belly to below near my pant line. This time, it was at my first appt at 12 wks and I'm just confused.

So I'm curious if your doctor checks this at your appts or have they gotten rid of it in the practice?
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeLuvYou
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:42 AM
My dr checks every time!
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Aug. 7, 2016 at 2:37 AM
Sometimes my midwife will use her hands, sometimes she uses the tape but she does check every time, as well as the heart beat. That's what makes the appt worth while!
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:08 PM
My midwives check it every single time and talk about it. They also listen to the heart so long I feel awkward because they are standing so close staring at me. Lol!
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Mine checks at every appointment  20 weeks and on.

He doesn't tell me anything though. Well the new nurse practitioner  does but I have seen my old doctor the last 2 months because the new  nurse practitioner  has had some family emergancies.  my old doctor does not tell me what the heart beat is, doesn't talk about anything, only listens to the heart beat for a minute and doesn't tell me anything about it. My nurse practitioner  is much more personal and tells me what the heart beat is and asks about me and how i am doing and my thoughts and concerns.

The office has been going through changes lately and I will be meeting the new doctor at my next appointment. I assume she will be the person at the delivery. It's frustrating all these changes with the staff and stuff.

whyfie
by Nika on Aug. 7, 2016 at 10:28 PM
my mw checks with or without tape. she always listens to the heartbeat.
LionsSiren
by on Aug. 8, 2016 at 1:14 AM
Yes my midwife checks it. I measured at 28 weeks Friday when I was only 26w4d
jenaree
by Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:35 AM

My dr doesn't check until later in pregnancy when the uterus starts moving up. They just checked for the first time at my 24 week appt and I expect that they will do it every time from now on.

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Aug. 9, 2016 at 7:41 AM

In my previous pregnancy, (4 yrs ago) it was checked at every visit. This pregnancy, the only time it was checked was this last appt with the new doctor. I had mentioned that to my husband, too. He went to one appt with me and asked me why they didn't measure me.

HollyNovember
by Holly on Aug. 11, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Mine hasn't, but that's because I'm getting ultrasounds at every visit to check on baby's growth.
Countrymommy7
by Jo on Aug. 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM
my midwives office checks every visit along with heartbeat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)