Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nesting husband?!?!?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM
  • 2 Replies

I've never heard of it, but I guess it's possible....

He's just been crazy lately. I'm hoping he's not hitting a mid-life crisis at 46 when I'm about to have a baby. First, he bought me a car. His rationale was that he didn't like the fact of us only having one car with working a/c and it was the smaller of the two vehicles....so he bought me a new Kia soul a month ago.

Last week, my parents came over to talk and I was informed that he had been talking to them about realtors and lenders and wants to buy a new house. WTF?!?! Again, his rationale is that ours needs work and we have already outgrown it. He doesn't want to put more money into our home that he could be using as a down payment on a new home. Makes sense, but he wants this done, like, now, before Cuinn gets here Nov 7...Is that even possible?!?!

What scares me is the fact that him working two jobs was suppose to be temporary until I am done with maternity leave. Now, he's added on a car payment and now wants to add a house payment to our budget. Where's that money coming from if he goes back to one job and we live normally again?!?! NOWHERE! My poor husband is setting us up for debt that we can't afford unless he continues to kill himself working 80 hour weeks and not seeing his family....
I appreciate the sentiment, but why can't he see the bigger picture? Am I the delusional one? Or am I just being a stick in the mud?

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
whyfie
by Nika on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM
is it possible to get a new house paying what u pay now?
have u had a convo w/ him about ur concerns? maybe he has answers u can't see or he hasn't thought about it quite the way u have. maybe he's thinking ur income will be enough to cover the new expenses so he can quit that 2nd job.
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM
Honestly, he could probably get the payment just as low if he made the mortgage longer and chose something bigger but not necessarily much more nicer so that it's not out of y'all's range. Just depends on how it works out. I WISH my husband would consider buying a new house. Lol We have outgrown this house 2 kids ago! It's tiny and only has 2 closet-sized bedrooms that barely fit Bunkbeds and dressers! When we moved in with out first newborn baby he promised me it would be temporary. Then the housing market dropped and the houses were harder to sell without loosing money. Thankfully it's improved SO much now we could make money selling our house! But he won't agree to move because our finances are tight and he thinks we are fine. Personally, I think we could afford a bigger home that just needed work for the same as we could sell this one for but he is a huge stick in the mud and only has moved in the past when he HAD to. :(
I'm hoping the light will dawn on him one day that a 6 person homeschool family can't fit in this 1000 sq ft home...until then I just pray our finances improve enough for him to be able to consider the idea before he finds a different way to spend the extra (he's got many different hobbies and addicting interests that cause him to be financially draining!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)