Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you think its okay to drink?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
Have you had any alcohol this pregnancy? Do you think a beer or glass of wine every so often is okay? Is there a trimester that you would feel more comfortable? What has your doctor told you?
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. They'll be plenty of time for that once she's born.
jenaree
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:40 PM

If I feel like a sip of beer or a half glass of wine I will have it but it is very few and far between. I like to drink but I don't really miss it. I am so used to moderating myself because it seems like I am always pregnant or nursing!

Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM
No way. I am not much of a drinker anyways, but definitely would not while pregnant.
Imortlmommy
by Julie on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM
I don't drink. I hear the barley in beer helps sigh breast milk later on, but during pregnancy, I wouldn't. I think I heard in moderation during pregnancy. I dunno.

I still drink caffeine. Not as often as I did, but it's my go to drink when I'm stressed (as if it was my alcohol).
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Aug. 19, 2016 at 1:12 AM
I very rarely taste or drink alcohol, so I'm sticking to not having any. I only recently started trying different kinds since my husband decided to experiment in our 30s lol We hadn't had any before that.
ginlee625
by Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:38 AM
I have not had any since I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. I did have a few beers about 2 weeks before that tho. I miss my wine and have been tempted to have a little but I don't have any so I haven't. My neighbor bought the new water-melon-rita things that id been wanting to try over 4th of July so i did take a sip of it to taste but thats it.
PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:19 AM

When I'm not pregnant, I'm a caffiene junky and wino. Even though I've read and heard that a beer occassionally or a glass of wine now and then is okay, I don't partake. I will wait until I'm done breastfeeding before I indulge again. I'll probably have a glass of champagne on New Years though.

So, until I'm no longer a feeder....I will gaze at the bottles of wine in the fridge and the grocery store lasciviously until we can reunite....**SIGH** LoL

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I drink a glass during labor to calm down, but that's it. Dh and I don't really drink to begin with. 

whyfie
by Nika on Aug. 19, 2016 at 1:52 PM
i don't believe there's any harm in a glass of beer or wine sometimes. i sipped my hubby's cider when we went out to dinner last week, but i haven't had anything else & likely won't. i have had a glass of red wine in previous pregnancies. i do miss having a drink sometimes & will resume after baby is born. breastfeeding experts will tell u, it's unnecessary to abstain from alcohol.
TheBMegatron
by QueenB on Aug. 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM
I've had a small glass of wine twice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)