Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My house---NO pictures YET

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I haven't posted pictures, yet, but I fully intend to! The only pictures I currently have are the ones I took while we were looking at it prior to making an offer. It was still occupied by the sellers, so I feel funny posting pictures of my house full of their stuff. LoL
It's about 35 minutes North of my current home, so I honestly haven't made it back up to take pictures since we signed on Tuesday. My phone was dying and I didn't bring a charger with me, so I didn't take pictures on Tuesday either. UGH. I suck at this game, I know....LoL

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
whyfie
by Nika on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM

well, hop to! i mean, what else are u doing? sidesplittinglaughter

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Working full-time still, Mama!

I'm hoping to get up there tomorrow. DH has the day off, but he is replacing the shocks on the van so I'm not sure how HE sees the rest of his Friday going LoL. I'm all ready to move the beds up and sleep there living out of suitcases, but I haven't switched the cable over yet, so there'd be no TV and he and my son are TV junkies---much to my dismay. :(

Quoting whyfie:

whyfie
by Nika on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:32 AM

oh honey, i know!

im with u, i'd be happy to live outta suitcases if it means sleeping in the new place. my hubby wouldn't be able to survive w/o at least 1 gaming system & the internet.

Quoting PeacefulPoet:

I'm hoping to get up there tomorrow. DH has the day off, but he is replacing the shocks on the van so I'm not sure how HE sees the rest of his Friday going LoL. I'm all ready to move the beds up and sleep there living out of suitcases, but I haven't switched the cable over yet, so there'd be no TV and he and my son are TV junkies---much to my dismay. :(

Quoting whyfie:

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM

The last two weeks with the pending closing, I had been too scared to touch my bank account for anything so none of my bills got paid. I know that was stupid, but it made sense at the time with all the mortgage hassle I was dealing with. The money is there and nothing is super late (just a few days), but I gotta pay my cable bill before I call them and move my service. LoL
I'm kind of torn on that....like, where are we going to spend most of our time? Here or there? So where should the cable service be for the next two weeks?

Quoting whyfie:

oh honey, i know!

im with u, i'd be happy to live outta suitcases if it means sleeping in the new place. my hubby wouldn't be able to survive w/o at least 1 gaming system & the internet.

Quoting PeacefulPoet:

Quoting whyfie:

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:37 AM

If I wasn't pregnant, I'd take the air mattress we have and stay up there alone. I'm too far along to be getting up and down off that low of a bed and then what if I went into labor in the middle of the night and was alone?!?
Shoooooot.....this is hard decision making! LOL

whyfie
by Nika on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM

it's perfectly understandable to scared. i've never bought a house, but as a Realtor we recommend that u not make any big purchases til u close. however, a few days late on some bills isn't gonna kill u...or them. the best thing to do is to settle on when the beds will be at the new house and set the switch for then. perhaps, switching the service will encourage hubby to get moving to the new house.

we just got our new bed last week. we were sleeping with our mattress & box spring on the floor. i told hubby we needed to hurry and get a new bed. i wanted the 18in frame, but we got the 14in. im just happy to be up off the floor, it was way to low...getting up was def a hassle.

Quoting PeacefulPoet:

The last two weeks with the pending closing, I had been too scared to touch my bank account for anything so none of my bills got paid. I know that was stupid, but it made sense at the time with all the mortgage hassle I was dealing with. The money is there and nothing is super late (just a few days), but I gotta pay my cable bill before I call them and move my service. LoL I'm kind of torn on that....like, where are we going to spend most of our time? Here or there? So where should the cable service be for the next two weeks?

Quoting whyfie:

oh honey, i know!

Quoting PeacefulPoet:

Quoting whyfie:

PeacefulPoet
by Claire on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know you were a Realtor! DH wants me to get into it now after dealing with all of this house-buying-mess we had. I can see the potential for $$, but at the same time, it's totally different from anything I've ever done. I'm not that good at sales to begin with and it seems like a hard market to break into down here--EVERYONE is a realtor it seems.

whyfie
by Nika on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
im still a newbie. im actually gonna chill a bit & just be a referral agent for awhile. it was really hard starting out w/ a baby as a sahm. now im back to having a baby, smh...

Quoting PeacefulPoet:

I didn't know you were a Realtor! DH wants me to get into it now after dealing with all of this house-buying-mess we had. I can see the potential for $$, but at the same time, it's totally different from anything I've ever done. I'm not that good at sales to begin with and it seems like a hard market to break into down here--EVERYONE is a realtor it seems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)