Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We do NOT have a baby lol

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I started having contractions yesterday morning at 8:30am. I figured my early labor would be really long so we didn't arrive at the hospital until 9:30pm. Contractions were 3 mins apart lasting 45 seconds. I was only dilated to 1cm and still thick 🙄 Thea was looking great though, that was the only positive. Around 11:30pm, I decided I was ready to labor in the tub and that really got things going. Contractions were more intense and lasting 60-80 seconds long now. This had to be it right? Nope. After about 2 hours of feeling the same way in the tub, we decided to get out to get checked. I was now a 2 and thinned a little. It was ridiculous. Suddenly my contractions were now 4-5 mins apart after being 3 mins apart since 8:30 yesterday morning. Then they started dying down and were barely bothersome. I seriously did not get what was going on. My midwife said that since I lived literally 4 mins down the road to just go home and get some rest. She thought that I would need it because she had a feeling that the contractions were just going to explode out of nowhere. I was discharged around 2:30 this morning. She said her shift was over at 7am so to call her before then and let her know how I was doing because she said she would stay for me... she's so sweet. Got home, went to bed. Set my alarm for 6ish so that way I could call her. Things were the same. Still contracting but they didn't change in intensity. I told her not to wait for me and get some rest. She said if things pick back up just to call her but there's no guarantee she'll be able to come back until this weekend. I was so frustrated this morning, I even teared up a little. This has NEVER happened to me. With my 3 boys, once I started dilating, they were out, contractions never stopped or slowed down, none of this crap. I come back to cafemom and a whole plethora of babies have been born or some are in labor lol. Looks like I'll be staying pregnant for a little while longer.

Congratulations to everyone in labor or having their babies and to those of us still waiting, our time will come... eventually lol 😩
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
whyfie
by Nika on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:29 PM
oh my gosh! i just knew u were gonna be the 1st of this recent burst of births. i guess there's a 1st time for everything. believe me, i completely understand ur frustration: contractions, hospital, slowed contractions (actually mine completely stopped), sent home.
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought I would be too! This is so ridiculous 😂 I came back home just as pregnant as ever. Woke up later on today and it's business as usual. Everyone keeps saying that it's because she's a girl. They seriously are not helping her case lol.

Quoting whyfie: oh my gosh! i just knew u were gonna be the 1st of this recent burst of births. i guess there's a 1st time for everything. believe me, i completely understand ur frustration: contractions, hospital, slowed contractions (actually mine completely stopped), sent home.
tonyanamelia
by Tonya on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Yeah, with my daughter I went in on July 4th during our celebration because my contractions were literally long and 5 minutes apart...but when they started monitoring them, they decreased in intensity and increased in time. Labor is always a fickle thing for me though. But I still feel your frustration!!!
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Oh my gosh I thought for sure you had had her! I had an appt today and am only 1+ dilated but already 80% effaced
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Nope, no baby 😒 I was 2cm dilated and 60% at 1:30 this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still the same.

Quoting Vannah_Kaye: Oh my gosh I thought for sure you had had her! I had an appt today and am only 1+ dilated but already 80% effaced
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:45 PM
That's literally what happened to me when I got out of the tub. They just decreased in pain level and got a good minute longer. I'm just so over it.

Quoting tonyanamelia: Yeah, with my daughter I went in on July 4th during our celebration because my contractions were literally long and 5 minutes apart...but when they started monitoring them, they decreased in intensity and increased in time. Labor is always a fickle thing for me though. But I still feel your frustration!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)