Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prodromal Labor

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
I've been having prodromal labor since Sunday. I think the majority of it was to get baby into ideal birthing position, so it's served a purpose. But it's so hard mentally! I am thankful that it's been during the day. I had this with my 4th and I had it all night every night for nearly 2 weeks. It would start around sunset. I'd contract regularly all night and then it would go away with the sunrise. By the time he was born, I felt like I hadn't slept in forever!
Hopefully all this pre-work we are doing will bring an easier active labor!! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and I'm wondering if the Super Moon on Monday will bring a baby or just make me miserable.
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
whyfie
by Nika on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM

i was just gonna make a similar post. apparently, the more children u have the more likely u are to have prodromal labor, due to the fact that ur uterus is so much more relaxed.

i know it's easier said than done, but just hang in there. at least u've experienced it before so u know what to look for. have u figured out any coping techniques?

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
This was my first time experiencing prodromal labor aka super annoying early labor. And as whyfie said, the more kids you have, the more relaxed or lazy as my midwife says, your uterus becomes. This is my fourth child but I've been pregnant for literally 5 years. Gave birth in 2012 (pregnant in 2011), miscarried in 2013, gave birth in 2014, 2015 and a week ago lol.

I was in early labor for a week with Thea, starting 4 days before my due date and then having her 3 days after my due date. So I'm not too sure if dilating before your due date helps or not. I've had plenty of friends and family dilate for weeks and still go past due. I hope it's not too long for you however!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)