Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby's cord and butt dimple...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

My sweet little guy turned 3 weeks old yesterday and his cord is still attached. I have read it is normal. He did have a very very thick cord at birth so I guess that's why it's taking soooo long to come off. I'm always happy once that cord is gone.

We also had his ultrasound yesterday for his butt dimple. I hope we hear back about that very soon. They spent a lot of time looking at his spine more than the actual dimple area. I know he is perfect but I will be happy to know what is going on and what to expect as far as his dimple/pit goes.

so sweet :)

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
whyfie
by Nika on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:22 PM
ugghhh! my son's took a long time to fall off. then, we had to get the silver to dry it up completely.
did they say how long it would take to assess the u/s? it's so annoying when they can't tell u rite then.
MommaD181
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been wondering! Keep us posted.
.Blondie.
by Twin Boys! on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:22 PM
One of my guys has a big butt dimple too but they didn't ultrasound it? Every time I look at it I wonder if it should be investigated further
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's looking gooey now. It has been bleeding a little too. So far it all seems "normal" I guess. We will see. My last baby they had to do something to help it dry up. I won't be surprised if they do it to him too.

The doctor should have the results in a day or two. We will probably call Thursday if we have not heard anything by then. 

Quoting whyfie: ugghhh! my son's took a long time to fall off. then, we had to get the silver to dry it up completely. did they say how long it would take to assess the u/s? it's so annoying when they can't tell u rite then.

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:41 PM

They must be able to see where it ends. They doctors have looked at his and they like pull at his skin to make sure they can see the end of it. They cannot see the end of it so we had to have the ultrasound to make sure it is closed. If it is not closed it could be a spinal problem. The ultrasound tech looked much more at his spine than at the dimple area actually.

Quoting .Blondie.: One of my guys has a big butt dimple too but they didn't ultrasound it? Every time I look at it I wonder if it should be investigated further

Countrymommy7
by Jo on Dec. 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM
I have had to do the ultrasound with one of my little boys too. I believe one of my daughters had the dimple too but she never needed the ultrasound.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)