Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know about essure?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 195 Total Views
Hey I'm 22 and have a 15 mo old. He was a miracle and doesn't look like I'll be having any more children. I have endometrosis and hormones are way out of balance. I was on the depo shot and gained a lot of weight. Now I've been on the nuva ring for 3 months. My periods are painful and my pms is out of control. I need to talk with my ob/gyn about something different. I'm not having anymore babies so i want something more than an iud. I've read some about essure but wondered if there was anyone who had any experience? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hazelnutkin
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My doctor won't do it. She said she isn't convinced that the procedure wouldn't cause pain down the road.

dbutterfly058
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I have had it for 1yr, and with what i am finding out, you dont want it. I have a lot of side effects and over 6,000 woman on facebook alone have had serious complications. I have 10x the pain during menstrual then ever before, feel sharp pelivc pains periodically especially with intercoarse, migraines at least 3 a week that started a couple days after essure was placed, bloating and weight gain to a point that i have gained almost 50lbs since last march when i got essure and look like i am 6-7 months pregant.  check out the essure facebook page, read everyones story, ask question etc. a lot of woman are having more seious issues than me and have the coils preferate the uterus etc and having to get a hysterectomy due to the complications and side effects. please look into it before getting it done and regretting you didnt do enough research like i did last year. I cant paste the link but on facebook, just sarch essure problems and you will find the group. It is a closed group for everyones privacy, so you need to be approved to read everything. good luck

bellababies2
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

yes i have/had it done.  i had 2 surgeries so far to have it removed and still have a piece embedded in my uterus now looking at a third surgery

it was 4 years of misery

causes

severe bloating like u r 6 months pregnant

heavy clotty periods

severe abdominal pains

chronic fatigue

inflammation

painful sex

back pain

coils can migrate to other organs like mine did

coils can perforate the tubes like mine did

coils can break and embed in the uterus like mine did

u can get pregnant

causes autoimmune response

body is fighting a foreign object so u just feel sick all the time

if u are allergic to nickel cant have it done

if u have a tilted uterus u cant have it done

u can't just pull them out once they r in u have to have major surgery to remove them

doctor the FDA and Bayer are not telling women of all the horrific side effects and complications Essure causes.

please join the facebook group essure problems for reall women with real sotries with proof that Essure is not working like they claim it should!!!!!

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN