Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

paragard?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 160 Total Views
So I have tried many different methods of birth control. 3 different kinds of pills, implanon, the patch, and nuvaring. The IUD seems like my last choice. i am very sensative to hormones and get severe migranes and I have had a few cysts in my ovaries as well. I use condoms occasionally with my fiance but not everytime, sometimes we just get too wrapped up in the moment and forget to slip one on so I want another method.

My doctor recommended the Paragard IUD because it is non hormonal and is good for 10 years so I have my appointment set up for Feb 5th because you are supposed to get it inserted right as you are starting your period and normally I start the 5th or 6th every month.

As I was reading reviews on it ALOT of people have got pregnant, misscarried, had a ectopic pregnancy, or had a high risk pregnancy because they were too far along to get it removed.

Any advice or experince with it? My fiance doesnt want me to get it because of the chances of losing the baby or anything but at the same time we dont want another child yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Karla1948
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM

After not being friends with the pill or any hormonal method at all, I wore a ParaGard for 20 years altogether. I no longer need b/c, but if I had to go back on it, I'd go right back to the ParaGard, no question. The only issues I had were: 1) the insertions (initial, and 10-year reinsertion) which were painful, but I was charged up on Tylenol, and the pain passed quickly; 2) my periods were extremely heavy for the first three months after the first insertion, and 3) for my first 6 months after each insertion, I wore pads until I could get the strings trimmed, after which I went back on Tampons.

You can find out more about both the ParaGard and Mirena from women with actual experience wearing them at http://www.cafemom.com/group/13311and http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/newiud/ . Good luck with your decision!

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)