Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most challenging

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 193 Total Views

What do you find most challenging about having a bigger family?

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:54 PM
The cost for going places. We live and AZ and all our family is in IN. They are constantly asking myself to fly home. Um, no. It would be almost $2000 JUST to fly, let alone food and stuff.
Alesha01
by Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Probably how much it costs to feed a large family.  I spend a lot on groceries each week.  I sometimes even have to go back during the week.

hurst0three
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:12 PM
I triple the cost of a big family for everything! Food, travel, etc. We spend about $800 a month on groceries alone, sometimes more! Ugh the cost is what gets us most of the time :(
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Quoting anotherandree: The cost for going places. We live and AZ and all our family is in IN. They are constantly asking myself to fly home. Um, no. It would be almost $2000 JUST to fly, let alone food and stuff.

I totally agree with this. I live in Texas and all of my family is back in Illinois. We always drive though because my autistic son wouldn't do well on a plane at all. It's a freakin 20 hour drive. 

Alesha01
by Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:58 PM

Where in Illinois is your family from? I live in the suburbs of Chicago but grew up in northwestern Illinois.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Quoting anotherandree: The cost for going places. We live and AZ and all our family is in IN. They are constantly asking myself to fly home. Um, no. It would be almost $2000 JUST to fly, let alone food and stuff.

I totally agree with this. I live in Texas and all of my family is back in Illinois. We always drive though because my autistic son wouldn't do well on a plane at all. It's a freakin 20 hour drive. 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Rockford.

Quoting Alesha01:

Where in Illinois is your family from? I live in the suburbs of Chicago but grew up in northwestern Illinois.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

ASandersTX
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2017 at 1:42 AM
I've always bought a ton of groceries or treated other people when going places so that's not really an issue. My struggle is handling snide remarks, judgemental people and people who make assumptions. I also hate watching people count my children. We're going for #5 and I can't wait to hear what people say then.
Roisin07
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:45 AM
That's exactly my issue with it too

Quoting ASandersTX: I've always bought a ton of groceries or treated other people when going places so that's not really an issue. My struggle is handling snide remarks, judgemental people and people who make assumptions. I also hate watching people count my children. We're going for #5 and I can't wait to hear what people say then.
diaperstodating
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Alesha01:

Probably how much it costs to feed a large family.  I spend a lot on groceries each week.  I sometimes even have to go back during the week.

diaperstodating
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Interesting.
No one has ever said anything to my face.

Quoting ASandersTX: I've always bought a ton of groceries or treated other people when going places so that's not really an issue. My struggle is handling snide remarks, judgemental people and people who make assumptions. I also hate watching people count my children. We're going for #5 and I can't wait to hear what people say then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)