Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graduation gift ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 79 Total Views
My BIL graduates high school next month and I need reasonable gift ideas or a cash amount to give him. Originally, we planned on $500 or paying to have his car (it was given to him) repainted. However, to keep it simple he's a screw up and at this point I don't even want to go or give him anything.
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
diaperstodating
by Head Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:31 PM
Money or gift card in the amount of how much you are willing to give him.
ASandersTX
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:46 PM
What is the average amount? I've never gone to a high school graduation for anyone else and I'm certain the $20 I feel he's worth at the moment isn't going to cut it.

Quoting diaperstodating: Money or gift card in the amount of how much you are willing to give him.
Alesha01
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

This.  

Quoting diaperstodating: Money or gift card in the amount of how much you are willing to give him.

Alesha01
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

The most I got for my graduation is $100.  That was only from a few close family members like aunts and uncles.  Other family members gave $50, and most of the others gave $20-$25.  I would say $50 is reasonable.  

Quoting ASandersTX: What is the average amount? I've never gone to a high school graduation for anyone else and I'm certain the $20 I feel he's worth at the moment isn't going to cut it.

ASandersTX
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

Quoting Alesha01:

The most I got for my graduation is $100.  That was only from a few close family members like aunts and uncles.  Other family members gave $50, and most of the others gave $20-$25.  I would say $50 is reasonable.  

Quoting ASandersTX: What is the average amount? I've never gone to a high school graduation for anyone else and I'm certain the $20 I feel he's worth at the moment isn't going to cut it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)