Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the secret?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 99 Total Views
1 mom liked this

To dealing with adult step-children who want you out of their father's life?

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
With out having more info its hard to tell. All I can say when the stepchildren want to have a relationship with the dad and not include the new wife there is no other option but to give them that space and respect their wishes. By that I don't mean leave your husband by any means. What I mean is to allow dad to be around his kids with out you around. This way they can perhaps eventually warm up to you with out being forced. If these are kids that are who still go visit dad to try not to be there when they are around. Sure it sounds harsh to say who wants to leave their home, but if it helps the situation then why not. Continue to still be loving and supportive but be out of site out of mind. That way the kids can figure out on their own that you are not a treat to them and that you support and respect their relationship with their dad

Quoting Maida265:

To dealing with adult step-children who want you out of their father's life?

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:07 PM

I could probably easily reply to this atm. I haven't really talked to Mike's kids (ages 21 & 25) since reconciling. Our families have took one anothers sides during the divorce (I'm currently reconciling w/ Mike...he was my 2nd husband, after a yr of being seperated, and 1/2 yr after divorce was finalized). When in our marriage, I got along ok w/ them, yet there were times they didn't agree w/ us being together.

I would sit down and talk to them, try to find mutual ground, if this can't be done (if all else fails so to speak)....if you two are happy together etc, that's what really matters, irreguardles of what the children (or others may think). If you're like me, you wish for everyone to get along, at least at a certain level...

What all things have you tried thus far...to perhaps get along, if not to get along (if not poss), what steps have you made in past to allow them to know you and your husband are happy together and want them to understand this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)