Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM? WFHM? or other?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

In which catagory do you currently fall?

Have you experience in each?

Currently I don't work as I am disabled. I have severe anxiety issues and also suffer from Bipolar disorder. In the past I have been a stay at home mom, work out of the home mom, and also had an ebay sellers account to help bring in extra money.

How about you?

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a SAH/WAH mom. I stay at home and have 2 full time disabled adults with multiple challenges who are also medically fragile that live in my home on a full time basis.

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:24 PM

That is a wonderful thing :) Although I've never worked in the care field, I've volunteered in several nursing homes since the mid 90's. Having been a volunteer and not a care worker, I basically visited and spent time w/ the residents. I remember reading in your intro that you do this within the home. I am sure it is busy and also very rewarding. In order for one to do what you are doing, care for adults w/ multiple challenges etc, did you have to at first take any certain courses pertaining to this sort of care?

Quoting Maida265:

I'm a SAH/WAH mom. I stay at home and have 2 full time disabled adults with multiple challenges who are also medically fragile that live in my home on a full time basis.

Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Stay home
CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Thats what I chose to do for yrs. I went back for a few yrs (Lex was age approx 4-6) now I no longer work & don't feel I will work again. I have to say those yrs as sahm, where very rewarding and fulfilling. How long have you been a sahm?

Quoting Kjsmomma32: Stay home

Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM
2 and a half years but will go back after he's three to work he needs to go to preschool.

Quoting CSM81:

Thats what I chose to do for yrs. I went back for a few yrs (Lex was age approx 4-6) now I no longer work & don't feel I will work again. I have to say those yrs as sahm, where very rewarding and fulfilling. How long have you been a sahm?

Maida265
by on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:33 AM

No special courses to do it, but you have to go through background checks, each person has to have their own room with a certain number of square feet for space. If you take in someone in a wheelchair (as I do) then your home has to also meet certain safety regulations. I have Case Managers and Guardians (both private and state appointed) who come into my home once a month to check on the care the people are receiving.

Quoting CSM81:

That is a wonderful thing :) Although I've never worked in the care field, I've volunteered in several nursing homes since the mid 90's. Having been a volunteer and not a care worker, I basically visited and spent time w/ the residents. I remember reading in your intro that you do this within the home. I am sure it is busy and also very rewarding. In order for one to do what you are doing, care for adults w/ multiple challenges etc, did you have to at first take any certain courses pertaining to this sort of care?

Quoting Maida265:

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I work out the home full time. Would love to one day be able to be sahm. Until then I have to suck it up lol.

Quoting CSM81:

In which catagory do you currently fall?

Have you experience in each?

Currently I don't work as I am disabled. I have severe anxiety issues and also suffer from Bipolar disorder. In the past I have been a stay at home mom, work out of the home mom, and also had an ebay sellers account to help bring in extra money.

How about you?

PUNKNPUSS
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Currently I am a SAHM. I was working until last week then I decided I seriously needed a career change. So in May I wll be going back to school. I am a Younique presenter to bring in money here and there, but I am not pushy with it to make a lot of money. I have tried WAH but by the time my day was done I was too tired to do anything about it (1 year old and 13 year old and fiance that works midnights).

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 8:02 PM

That is great and congrats for going back to school? Are you going to be going online or elsewise? Can I ask what you are going for (field?). I love Younique. I have looked into Network Marketing for yrs but never really settled on a Company. Having just moved to another state to reconcile w/ my 2nd husband I hardly know anyone yet but can't wait to return to the gym (we have a Planet Fitness close) and we both have memberships. :) Again, congrats on going back to school! That is exciting and I wish you luck :D

Quoting PUNKNPUSS:

Currently I am a SAHM. I was working until last week then I decided I seriously needed a career change. So in May I wll be going back to school. I am a Younique presenter to bring in money here and there, but I am not pushy with it to make a lot of money. I have tried WAH but by the time my day was done I was too tired to do anything about it (1 year old and 13 year old and fiance that works midnights).

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Awesome. I really enjoyed staying at home when Lex was the ages she was. Now, divorced from her father we split custody and I recently moved to MA to reconcile w/ my 2nd husband. Are you into scrapbooking? I have tons of scrapbooks, haven't done anything like that in years though however I remember really enjoying it :D

Quoting Kjsmomma32: 2 and a half years but will go back after he's three to work he needs to go to preschool.
Quoting CSM81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)