Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Best & the Worst??

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

In your experience(s) what would you consider to be the Best and also the Worst part of being pregnant??

The Best for me was for the first time in my life I felt physically "good", as in healthy. I was finally eating right and taking care of myself.

The worst part was for 2 months I was totally lethargic (months 2-4), I couldn't make it a few rooms away to the bathroom w/o sitting down and resting. I stopped going into public etc b/c I couldn't walk for more than a few minutes and would get severly tired out by doing general chores etc. The Dr's said everything was fine? After 2 months it went away and I was totally fine.

How about you guys?

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 11:00 PM

The best part was the kicks and movement. As soon as Tommy started kicking me, he became "Tommy" and that's what everyone started calling him. The worst part was the placental abruption. It scared me to death. I had never heard of it and only found out about it the morning I went into labor. Emergency C-section saved his life.

As for Kimberlynn -- When I found out she was going to be a girl and I was going to be able to name her after my sister. (My sister's daughter's name is Sara Renee -- she gave her my middle name..) -- but the worst part of that was, low iron runs in my family and the doctor was really afraid I'd bleed out during the operation. (Another C-section due to having my tubes tied directly after. .) 

HaloSue
by on Jan. 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM
I loved being pregnant and had great success and deliveries. Hated morning sickness.. Otherwise it was superb!!
CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Sounds like you are a trooper :) I'm not that familiar w/ placental abruption to be honest. I had a tubal but not until a yr after having Lex, when was certain didn't want anymore than one child. A couple yrs after that I had a total vaginal hysterectomy.

Quoting Sissy-Smurf:

The best part was the kicks and movement. As soon as Tommy started kicking me, he became "Tommy" and that's what everyone started calling him. The worst part was the placental abruption. It scared me to death. I had never heard of it and only found out about it the morning I went into labor. Emergency C-section saved his life. As for Kimberlynn -- When I found out she was going to be a girl and I was going to be able to name her after my sister. (My sister's daughter's name is Sara Renee -- she gave her my middle name..) -- but the worst part of that was, low iron runs in my family and the doctor was really afraid I'd bleed out during the operation. (Another C-section due to having my tubes tied directly after. .)  

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Oh morning sickness can be the worst! I know it can hit at any time. Did it hit you at any certain time worse than others? I remember I didn't have it but a few times but what triggered it was odd, such as anything revolving around the scent of tomatoes cooking (esp when I was making a stew overnight...woke up, smelled it, and ran to the bathroom!!) ahh! lol :)

Quoting HaloSue: I loved being pregnant and had great success and deliveries. Hated morning sickness.. Otherwise it was superb!!

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 7, 2017 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The worst part so far has been the worry and fear and just the uncertainty. The best part is being pregnant and having babies :)

CSM81
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2017 at 7:44 PM

It's a great feeling :) I remember ppl telling me I was glowing. lol

I felt the best in my entire life, before and after tbh.

do you wish to have more in future, (or is it too soon to ask)?

Quoting CP2017:

The worst part so far has been the worry and fear and just the uncertainty. The best part is being pregnant and having babies :)

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 8, 2017 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I do actually feel fine physically, or did. The further along I get the more my hips and back hurt, but that's normal. It's been a very easy and uncomplicated pregnancy. 

When we first got together and talked kids, we both wanted 4, so yes, we do want more, probably, but it will be at least 5 years before we get serious about it. 

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

CSM81
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2017 at 7:20 AM

You going to wait till they get to school?

Quoting CP2017:

I do actually feel fine physically, or did. The further along I get the more my hips and back hurt, but that's normal. It's been a very easy and uncomplicated pregnancy. 

When we first got together and talked kids, we both wanted 4, so yes, we do want more, probably, but it will be at least 5 years before we get serious about it. 

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 8, 2017 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that's the plan. That gives us plenty of time with just these two, and once I'm pregnant again, I won't be chasing toddlers all day, plus if we have twins again, which is a possibility, there'll be a good gap between them.

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

CSM81
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2017 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you hope for twins again (prob too soon to ask! lol)

They run in your family you've said, huh

Quoting CP2017:

Yes, that's the plan. That gives us plenty of time with just these two, and once I'm pregnant again, I won't be chasing toddlers all day, plus if we have twins again, which is a possibility, there'll be a good gap between them.

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CP2017:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)