Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitters....

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

What would you say are the top things you look for in a Good Child Care Provider?

I was a SAHM the first 4 yrs of  Lex's life, but we needed sitters for when we'd do activities that she couldn't be involved with and we had fam members and friends.

What I feel is important is

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

and ofcourse, good w/ kids and a good attitude

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:36 PM
Being over 18 .knowing cpr being cpr certified. good reputation. responsible fun follows all rules given .on time .responsible .friendly .but that's only if we needed a sitter . My mom and dad watch him when we can't .
CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:49 PM

I definately agree w/ all of these. Actually I was rather OCD about having a good sitter(s) before we decided on when to have Lex. I wanted (and yes this is a bit over the top...like I said OCD lol) I wanted a list of 12 dependable sitters at any given time before we tried to concieve. Which we had. I basically didn't want our lifestyle to change. I had bought my 1st husband, Lex's dad, a Harley Davidson a yr before and we really enjoyed going on rides and runs and such, I also really liked going to do my own things besides that and I heard so many of my friends say how much their lives have changed since having a baby and I didn't want that. And therefore had a dozen sitters at any given time, lol!, and nvr had a problem. They loved her and said she was a very well behaved and friendly baby (and later, friendly..toddler) and no one ended up charging us, yet they called and volunteered to sit for us. :D We got alot of time on the Bike and didn't fray from any hobbies, thanks to my thinking ahead and getting on so many sitters, it wasn't hard at all :)

Quoting Kjsmomma32: Being over 18 .knowing cpr being cpr certified. good reputation. responsible fun follows all rules given .on time .responsible .friendly .but that's only if we needed a sitter . My mom and dad watch him when we can't .

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
All those are good factors to consider when picking out a babysitter. We have not had that luxury in the sense that we had always had friends and family to babysit for us. But I would look at all those key factors before letting my child be cared for by someone other than family or friends.

Quoting CSM81:

What would you say are the top things you look for in a Good Child Care Provider?

I was a SAHM the first 4 yrs of  Lex's life, but we needed sitters for when we'd do activities that she couldn't be involved with and we had fam members and friends.

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:58 PM

Yes, definately.

Here's another question....would you ever let someone you didn't know babysit? Such as a local online babysitting service etc that you can choose from list of local sitters? I don't think I could do that, however I've taken Lex to ymca babysitting rooms etc but I knew "of" the ppl at least on a mutual association basis prior to leaving her there to be babysat. I think I'd trust a situation such as that, rather than in home care of someone I didn't know. Luckily, as you've said I've never really had to do this but I think that's how I'd go about it if I were in that situation.

Quoting shiarhars: All those are good factors to consider when picking out a babysitter. We have not had that luxury in the sense that we had always had friends and family to babysit for us. But I would look at all those key factors before letting my child be cared for by someone other than family or friends.
Quoting CSM81:

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:04 PM

A total of four people has watched my kids...

My sister Kim (my dad calls her their Adoptive mother.. lol)
My parents
And my other sister and her husband.
My kids' dad's parents

I am sooo wacky about who watches my kids. I *almost* sent my daughter (Kimberlynn) into a daycare and the closer the time got, the closer it came that I just couldn't do it. I've heard too many horror stories and she's only two so she wouldn't really vocalize if someone is being mean to her. I was scared to death.  The woman seemed alright enough. She was really qualified but in order to "qualify" to watch my kids -- ya gotta be family..  

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 29, 2017 at 8:27 AM
I don't think I would. We use YMCA and sacc which is a program offer by YMCA for morning and after care. I feel more comfortable in the environment than at home one on one.

Quoting CSM81:

Yes, definately.

Here's another question....would you ever let someone you didn't know babysit? Such as a local online babysitting service etc that you can choose from list of local sitters? I don't think I could do that, however I've taken Lex to ymca babysitting rooms etc but I knew "of" the ppl at least on a mutual association basis prior to leaving her there to be babysat. I think I'd trust a situation such as that, rather than in home care of someone I didn't know. Luckily, as you've said I've never really had to do this but I think that's how I'd go about it if I were in that situation.

Quoting shiarhars: All those are good factors to consider when picking out a babysitter. We have not had that luxury in the sense that we had always had friends and family to babysit for us. But I would look at all those key factors before letting my child be cared for by someone other than family or friends.

Quoting CSM81:

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 9:15 AM

I do too and can relate. I loved the ymca babysitting room and used it until she was too old to do so. She was able to socialize while I worked out :)

Quoting shiarhars: I don't think I would. We use YMCA and sacc which is a program offer by YMCA for morning and after care. I feel more comfortable in the environment than at home one on one.
Quoting CSM81:

Yes, definately.

Quoting CSM81:

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 29, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Absolutely! I love the program here she has a lot of friends she's made. Some days she don't even want to leave when we go pick her up.

Quoting CSM81:

I do too and can relate. I loved the ymca babysitting room and used it until she was too old to do so. She was able to socialize while I worked out :)

Quoting shiarhars: I don't think I would. We use YMCA and sacc which is a program offer by YMCA for morning and after care. I feel more comfortable in the environment than at home one on one.

Quoting CSM81:

Yes, definately.

Quoting CSM81:

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what we like to hear :D

Quoting shiarhars: Absolutely! I love the program here she has a lot of friends she's made. Some days she don't even want to leave when we go pick her up.
Quoting CSM81:

Quoting CSM81:

Yes, definately.

Quoting CSM81:

Dependability

Punctuality

Experience

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)