Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you always wanted??

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

The same number of children? (as you did when younger etc?)

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Nope.  I was dead-set on not having any kids. In fact, that was a "ground rule" my ex-so and I laid down on our first date. We weren't marrying types (he had already been married once..) and we didn't want any kids. I was adamant about not having kids. I was that way since before I was a teenager.  I always told my parents that I was entirely way too selfish to have children and the thought of having kids made me feel claustrophobic and tied down. 
And then the weekend of Valentine's Day that year, Chris (ex-so) had calculated and done some figuring and when he took me home (didn't have a car then) that Sunday, he asked me if I were late. I told him yes but I wasn't worried about it. It was probably stress.  Tah-dah!! It wasn't stress.  It was one of the two best things to ever happen in my life. 

But once we had Tommy, we knew we'd only ever have one more. Chris is on this thing that if you have only one child, they are destined to be lonely. If you have three, two are going to inevitably ban together and bully the third child. His logic didn't make a stick of sense to me but I went with it and we welcomed our daughter August of 2014 and I was happy. I went on to get my tubes tied and have not looked back. 

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 9:41 AM

I am very much like yourself, all my life never wanted kids. I never babysat nor changed a diaper in my life (till my own) and haven't since. i think it was b/c I was told when younger, when first found out about babies etc, asked about later having them and was told by someone that everyone has to have them...something along those lines. I remember being around 9 and having this immense fear of "having to have" a baby someday. This lead to alot of control related issues, esp involving my body (anorexia and bulimia mainly) that lasted pretty much all my life. I remember that yr and for next couple yrs (until I found out the facts better, lol) I asked for a tubal for xmas etc. I was just so freaked out that I "had to have a baby" when older. It got pretty extreme. When I met and married Jerry after a long engagment I wanted (only the one time) to have his child. We planned everything to the T (month etc) when pregnant had a thought of having another after she turned one etc, I sat Jerry down and said there's no way etc and at 24 got my tubes tied, a couple yrs later had a total vaginal hysterectomy and am very happy to have had both, as we the tubal I was always scared I'd be one of the ppl that would happen to still get preg. It literally wasn't until after removing my uterous (atop of the tubal) that I finally felt relief. ugh! lol

Quoting Sissy-Smurf:

Nope.  I was dead-set on not having any kids. In fact, that was a "ground rule" my ex-so and I laid down on our first date. We weren't marrying types (he had already been married once..) and we didn't want any kids. I was adamant about not having kids. I was that way since before I was a teenager.  I always told my parents that I was entirely way too selfish to have children and the thought of having kids made me feel claustrophobic and tied down. And then the weekend of Valentine's Day that year, Chris (ex-so) had calculated and done some figuring and when he took me home (didn't have a car then) that Sunday, he asked me if I were late. I told him yes but I wasn't worried about it. It was probably stress.  Tah-dah!! It wasn't stress.  It was one of the two best things to ever happen in my life. 

But once we had Tommy, we knew we'd only ever have one more. Chris is on this thing that if you have only one child, they are destined to be lonely. If you have three, two are going to inevitably ban together and bully the third child. His logic didn't make a stick of sense to me but I went with it and we welcomed our daughter August of 2014 and I was happy. I went on to get my tubes tied and have not looked back. 

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 24, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Yes. So far, I've always wanted 4.
tina_a
by Member on Mar. 5, 2017 at 6:42 PM
No I have more kids than I ever said I wanted as a kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)