Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Punishments/ Rewards system?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 105 Total Views

At this age, what have you found most effective as a punishment/ reward system?

Have you tried different things etc, and with what results?

I've always used time outs and taking away of privilages. It has worked quite well

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 9:59 PM

My daughter is going to be the soft-heart. If you speak to her at all sternly, she says "okay!!" and stops what she's doing wrong. She's a little softie. My son is as stubborn as a mule.
He's massively into Monster Trucks. He's always been that way. IF the "crime" is harsh enough that he's done, he loses his monster trucks until it gets fixed.  Time out hasn't ever worked for him because as I said, he's stubborn. He will sit there and talk your ear off until you let him up -- it's not really a punishment really.. lol.. 
As for rewards -- No doubt, Pizza Hut. lol.. He LOVESSS the salad bar. Hardly will even touch a slice of pizza but loves that salad bar. When I'm rewarding him with something, Pizza Hut and bowling does the trick.. lol.. 

tina_a
by Member on Jan. 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM

I take privileges away with all mine. my 13 year old likes to pretend that it doesn't bother him but  as soon as i say he cant watch wrestling on Monday and Tuesday he heartbroken!

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2017 at 1:09 PM

I know, I do this w/ Lexie too. Esp ipods etc electronics. Seems to work the best.

Quoting tina_a:

I take privileges away with all mine. my 13 year old likes to pretend that it doesn't bother him but  as soon as i say he cant watch wrestling on Monday and Tuesday he heartbroken!

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM
We have been doing time out and taking away privileges. It has worked fine for now lol. Sd is a bit stubborn and she gets frustrated easily and starts winning time out have helped a bit with that but still a working progress.

Quoting CSM81:

I've always used time outs and taking away of privilages. It has worked quite well

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Yes, it's always a work in progress right  . Thats all we can do. I'm sure you're doing ok. What is the worst they have displayed in rebellion? sp lol

Quoting shiarhars: We have been doing time out and taking away privileges. It has worked fine for now lol. Sd is a bit stubborn and she gets frustrated easily and starts winning time out have helped a bit with that but still a working progress.
Quoting CSM81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)