Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can't date till you're 35!!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 95 Total Views

LOL, so question is...for those of us w/ highschool aged kids...

At what age did you, or will you tell your children they can date?

Had a conversation w/ my dd (she's only 11 atm, and not in hs yet) and asked her when her dad said she could date b/c when she was a baby he told me he'd later tell her age 35!, When asked she said that she had infact recently asked him and he said NEVER! lol! Her conversation exactly " Hmm, so he said Never, and you said 14/15 I'm not sure what to do..." I said well you don't have to think of it for a few yrs! lol and she said, (shaking her head in all seriousness) " Well........I'm not looking forward to it.." LOL I guess it's a gd thing absoutely no interest in boys yet :)

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maida265
by on Jan. 29, 2017 at 11:54 AM

I've never really set an age. I think it depends on the individual and how mature they are and if they are good rule followers etc...I would say that there isn't an age for DATING per say, but an age when certain parts of dating can be earned. For instance you can hold hands and come to dinner, watch a movie in the family room, meet at the mall (other public area) and hang out for a while etc...by age 14-15. By 16-18 you can go to the movies or go out for a bit of time unsupervised as long as there is a curfew that has been established.

I'm all about  the "I tell you only once" rule. If you mess up, done until they are 35! lol

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Yes! lol I totally agree :D Things have to be outlined, that is the best way, making it very clear first hand and having open conversation w/ them. Thing is it's rather tricky in my situation being Lex resides w/ her father and sees me on every other weekend etc (b/c of moving out of state and prev custody set up) to convey what I feel she should do vs him, as well as he doesn't speak w/ me but via through his mother or written etc. He's very protective of her so I don't have to worry that way, I feel I will just be as open and honest w/ her as possible and make it apparent that she needs to be w/ me as well.

Quoting Maida265:

I've never really set an age. I think it depends on the individual and how mature they are and if they are good rule followers etc...I would say that there isn't an age for DATING per say, but an age when certain parts of dating can be earned. For instance you can hold hands and come to dinner, watch a movie in the family room, meet at the mall (other public area) and hang out for a while etc...by age 14-15. By 16-18 you can go to the movies or go out for a bit of time unsupervised as long as there is a curfew that has been established.

I'm all about  the "I tell you only once" rule. If you mess up, done until they are 35! lol

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

PinkDragonFly
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2017 at 7:47 PM

kids now a days have bfs by the time they are in 6th grade sometimes even 5th! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)