Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broken Bones...injuries!!???

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 49 Total Views

What are your "injury stories?" let us know of any time you've gotten injured. Also...how about your kids??

In '85 I broke my left upper arm, last monday I broke my right foot...literally trying to turn around in the dining rm to pivot bk to the living rm b/c forgot something...i ended up turning my right foot totally out (meaning, top portion of foot was literally on the ground!) and I landed on it like that w/ my left foot in air..walking forwards, totally squishing it and breaking long bone on right side of right foot! And I have to drive 9 hrs next thurs....ugh prayers and well wishes pls!!

butterfly~Have a beautiful Day ~

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Maida265
by on Jan. 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Not a single broken body part...ever. I'm almost 53 so I'm thinking those are pretty good odds!

CSM81
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Holy Cow my friend!! That's darn good. I'm not usually considered accident prone, I consider Mike to be and to be Extremely Lucky, he died several times after a 1983 car crash that killed the other 3 he was with. He made the NY times w/ that accident. He was only 21 at the time. He survived but was in a coma for awhile, afterwards, when they told him he'd never walk again nor be able to remember an alphabet, he was in same rehab as (in later years) Christopher Reeves was in. He walked out of the hospital months later, to get a different job (going back to the job proved to be too emotional for him as he was driving his co workers bk to work at time of accident) so he got into construction type of work and was in a hole, well, ended up a huge load of dirt was dumped on him, they dug him out and the only way he survived is b/c the dirt was a clay mixture it made a pocket ...therefore not crushing his lungs and he was able to somehow still breath enough until they dug him out and rushed him to the hospital. He's now a Network engineer, after as I've said he was told he'd prob nvr walk nor be able to remember the alphabet again, that is why I say he is Lucky. Praise God!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)