Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She provides food for her family...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:42 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
She provides food for her family...

Jul. 2, 2007 at 2:12 PM by lovmygirls
posted to Proverbs 31 Women
Reply to Post
0 Replies 5 Total Views

Though this is not this first characteristic that they list for the proverbs 31 woman, I thought we would begin here. Cooking. How many of you ladies have taught your daughters to cook? I thought we could do a recipe post so that we can get some ideas from each other of what it is you cook with your daughters. I started cooking with my girls when they were 2 years old! Little ones love to help pour and stir. As they grow older you can teach them how to measure things out. Remember, when you're cooking, it doesn't have to be perfect!! Just have fun with your daughters. Perfection will come later! : )
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
naomi65233
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2007 at 11:58 AM
I have taught all my children to cook from a young age including my boys. My daughters I have more often in the kitchen so that when they are married they will know how to cook.
One of our favorite recipes is (we make our own version of the KFC bowls). I actually got this idea from a friend of ours and tweaked it to make it my own.

I package of frozen popcorn chicken
1 box of instant potatoes or make your own mashed pototoes whatever your preference is.
1 bag of frozen corn or 2 cans of corn
1 can of chicken gravy
shredded cheese (optional if you dont like cheese)
You take a plate put the potatoes in the middle of the plate, pour the gravy over the potatoes,(if you like cheese put the cheese on top of the gravy) place the popcorn chicken on top and spoon the corn around the mashed potatoes.

My family loves this or you can do it buffet style, however you prefer.
apmomof7plus
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2008 at 11:22 PM

All of my children (even the boys) except the two youngest can cook quite well. They have all enjoyed helping me in the kitchen since they could sit up on the counter! Every night one child gets to help me cook dinner up to their capabilities. I love having their help and spending that quality time with them. No one else gets to help at that point so it is just one on one time which they love as well... no sharing mama!

I can't think of a particular recipe we use since we do so many different things and each girl is good at something different. I'll see if I can find something worth sharing and post later.

Now, I probably do focus on the girls more than the boys, but the boys do get their fair share of learning. I want them to know how to cook so that if they are on their own for any amount of time they can feed themselves relatively healthy. My honey loves to cook. He taught himself beginning at age 12 because he lived with his dad and his dad worked very long hours... it was just the two of them so if Terry wanted to eat he had to cook it. He absolutely loves to cook now. He is a very organized and neat cook at that. It was different for him when we first started dating learning that I enjoyed cooking. Those are some of my fondest memories of us in the kitchen together those first few months cooking together. During the week I do most of the cooking but on the weekends, he really likes to take over since he isn't doing any during the week. Sunday mornings we get up and cook breakfast together as well. I make the pancakes and he makes the bacon and eggs and anything else we might have like grits. I really enjoy this aspect of our relationship. He still has a difficult time coming home to dinner already prepared. I think he is still marveling over the fact that someone else is cooking and it isn't tapering off at all.

Anyway, sorry to get all sentimental there!

~ Olga ~ my honey Terry and our babies: Taylor (20), Hunter (17), Max (16), Mara (14), Tabi (13), Faith (10), Isaiah (8), and Mary (5) and furbaby Kiwi the hamster

O Give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever. ~~~ Psalm 118:1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)