Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cooking with your children- Challenge #1

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 425 Total Views
Challenge!!!!

Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:01 AM by lovmygirls
posted to Proverbs 31 Women
Reply to Post
2 Replies 13 Total Views

I would like to challenge all of you ladies today to bake, or cook something with your children this week! Let them do the stirring and pouring... and if you're feeling really brave, they can even break the eggs at a fairly young age! About 5 or so. A helpful hint is to let them break the egg in a separate bowl, just incase some of the shell sneaks in there, that way you can get it out easier! Cooking also helps with math skills, and of course reading. Let us know what you made with your kids!! : )
You wrote this post on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:01 AM Edit Post Delete Post & Replies
Report this post
Admin Tools:
Delete Post & All Replies Lock Post Sticky Post

Replies:
1-2 of 2 replies

You wrote on Jul. 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM
My daughters and I made strawberry shortcake today!! And even though we forgot to sprinkle the sugar on top before we baked it... it still tastes good!! Hehe!! We had a lovely time baking together!!

Edit Reply Quote Reply Delete Reply
Report this reply
by beckyg929 on Jul. 12, 2007 at 9:19 AM
My daughter and I baked brownies yesterday - we had a lot of fun. It had been such a long time since I let the kids bake with me, thanks for this post. It served as a great reminder, even though doing it all myself is faster/less of a mess/easier, it blesses my sweetie so much to do this together. She loved pouring the water and the vegetable oil in, and stirring all of the ingredients together. We had a wonderful time! My youngest daughter is almost at an age where she can join us - I can't wait!

: ) Becky

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
whitestone
by on Jul. 17, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Hi! This is my first post...
Just thought I'd say my boys (ages 17 months and almsot 3yrs) like to help me make salads for supper. They can rip up the lettuce, help me put carrots through the salad shredder, and use the tongs to dish us up.
They love to help stir anything, or with clean hands of course, add flour to our homemade bread.
Now I just need to involve them more. It's just too easy to do it all myself before I think to ask them for help.
tattooedsuess
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Excellent idea!  I am looking for little snack ideas to let my 4 year old son help me with.  He is at the age where he wants to help, so I'm trying to let him help more and more with different things.

apmomof7plus
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM

This is probably the favorite chore for each of the children. Every night one child gets to help me and Terry cook dinner (or just me if it is Terry's late days). The older children can make full meals all by themselves ... healthy too. The girls are getting into more and more elaborate meals and they do very well at it! The ten year old is cooking more and more by herself as well though she is not to the point of making full meals for the family. Yet if I think about it, she could probably do it on her own - simple but still full meals.

This next week the girls are going to be doing most of the cooking as I am having surgery in the morning. This is a great blessing to me!

~ Olga ~ my honey Terry and our babies: Taylor (20), Hunter (17), Max (16), Mara (14), Tabi (13), Faith (10), Isaiah (8), and Mary (5) and furbaby Kiwi the hamster

O Give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever. ~~~ Psalm 118:1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)