Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving to the needy- challenge #5

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 386 Total Views
Giving to the needy- challenge #5

Jul. 13, 2007 at 3:13 PM by lovmygirls
posted to Proverbs 31 Women
Reply to Post
0 Replies 2 Total Views

If it seems like I'm doing a lot of challenges, well, I guess I am. Becoming a Proverbs 31 woman is all about getting out there and doing, not just sitting back and studying. God has asked us to help others, and to give to the needy. As you teach this important lesson to your children, let's put it into action. The other day I saw a mom and her kids out selling lemonade at a lemonade stand. This is a pretty common site in the summer, but what was so different about this particular one is that they had a huge sign that said "all proceeds from this lemonade stand go to St. Jude Children's hospital"!! Wow!! What a great idea I thought!! These kids are learning such a valuable lesson!! Even if you don't have much money to give, work hard, earn the money, then give. So, my challenge to you today, is to think of something to sell, whether it be lemonade, homemade crafts, baked goods, or have a garage sale. Then give to a charity.

"Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12: 13
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 5:49 PM
Isn't it a great feeling to give?!?!  I love knowing that I'm helping someone who needs it. 
by New Member on May. 13, 2008 at 3:17 AM
Another thing that people can do is buy birthday and Christmas gifts from some of the charities that have online stores.  I bought Christmas ornaments last year from St. Jude's to give away as gifts.  I felt much better knowing that the money I would be spending anyways was going to charity rather than to line the pockets of corporation execs...

Another way to make a small contribution is to empty out the coin pocket of your wallet into the little boxes at the grocery checkout stand every time you buy groceries.  I've usually got at least a dollar or two in there each time...

Goals for 2008:
1.  Make a New Baby
2.  Become Debt-Free
3.  Read the Bible Cover-to-Cover
4.  Tone and Sculpt Body
5.  Finish Nicky's Baby Blanket

by Group Owner on May. 17, 2008 at 6:01 PM
I heard a great idea on the radio the other day and I'm going to try to start doing this. Every time you go to the store, pick up one or two extra items such as canned foods, spaggetti, etc. and put them in a box when you get home. When the box is full take it to a food bank somewhere. They said the need for food is pretty great in the summer because the kids are out of school and they're not receiving those meals. People think of doing stuff like this through the Christmas season, but not so much during the summer.
God bless!!
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Oh these are all such wonderful ideas!!! Love them!!

~ Olga ~ my honey Terry and our babies: Taylor (20), Hunter (17), Max (16), Mara (14), Tabi (13), Faith (10), Isaiah (8), and Mary (5) and animal babies: Kiwi the hamster, Medusa the snake, and the as of yet unnamed Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix puppy

O Give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever. ~~~ Psalm 118:1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)