Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite bible verse?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 216 Total Views
Why are they your favorite?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovmygirls
by Group Owner on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:32 PM
I have so many favorite verses, it would take forever to list them all, but here's a few along with the reasons that they mean so much to me. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shal not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 This one is a favorite because it reminds me that God loves me!! He REALLY loves ME! A WHOLE LOT! And the only thing I have to do to be able to spend eternity with him, is to believe in him! WOW! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which trancends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whaterever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about these things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-- put it into practice. And the GOd of peace will be with you." Phil. 4:6-9 This one is one of my very favorites because it reminds me of what I should be concentrating on... GOD! Not my financial situation, or how badly my kids are behaving, not worrying about what I should wear the next day... only the good things, the admirable things, only the things that are of God. And if I do this, He gives me PEACE!! Who doesn't want peace?! I know I do. I often search for it by running away, not running to God. I'm running in the wrong direction! God bless! Sonia
Serenity7
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:55 PM
I have so many favorite bible verses. a couple of them are.  Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things passed away, behold new things have come 2 Corinthians 5:17 .

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such  a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so it will give grace to those who hear Ephesian 4:29  This is one of my favorite bible verse cause words can cause a change reaction for good or bad. It is important to use your words for blessing and healing and building up instead of for cursing, wounding and tearing down.

supermom0505
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 6:57 AM
I have a few actually!  A few that I could not make it through some days without. 
Actually, since I was a teen, my mother has reminded me of prov 31. I think its so inspirational, especially since I have grown into a wife and a mother.
Second...Matthew 6:34 (says to me that there are enough troubles for one day and that I should take it one day at a time).  My mother also shared this with me when I was young since I had such a problem with worrying.  Every time I get a little stressed or frazzled, I repeat it.  Its even posted on my window, so that everytime I pass, I am reminded that God wants me to stop worrying and take one step at a time.
Third, I can't quite remember the reference...I know it is in John.  3:5 perhaps?  If anyone knows, please tell me LOL  Its been so long since I actually truned ot it......
"Jesus wept."  It just helps me to know that Jesus has had the same emotions that I have and that its ok to bring them to Him, no matter how small they seem to me.  I know that I always have a place to carry my heart and emotions to.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)