Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Cafe Mom

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 379 Total Views

Hello everyone, I have just joined Cafe Mom for the first time. I am looking for advise and hopefully new friendships. I guess I will tell everyone a little bit about our family. My husband and I have been married for ten years now. I am so lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. We have two daughters Jade and Julie. Jade is 8 going on 16. I will be homeschooling her for the first time this year. Julie is 2, and terrible 2's are in full force. She goes all day, pauses for a nap, then back at it. She is alot of fun though, we have a blast watching her learn and grow. One year ago this month we lost what we were hoping was our little boy. I have never felt such heartbreak as I did that day. I still am in alot of pain from that loss, but it does teach me to be so very thankful for my girls. So now due to that and other health issues, I will not be getting pregnant again. My husband and I have decided to Adopt. I do not know alot about the process, so any thoughts or comments would be great. I am seeing how expensive it is, which strikes me as odd, but we do not have a great deal of money. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great also. Sorry for such a long post. Thank you to anyone that replies.

Jana C.love you sign

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ReganLawson
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Good Morning Jana!

I just wanted to welcome you to the group and to cafemom! Its a few days late, but better late than never! :) The way you talk about you and your hubby is so sweet... 10 yrs. and spending the rest of your life with your best friend. My sweetie and I haven't tied the knot yet--- we're planning on doing that in the next year or so. But we've been together for 3 years now. We live in the Savannah area of Georgia where he works as an electrician and I work from home. I'm sorry for the loss of your 'little boy'... I can't even imagine the ache it must cause in places you didn't even know existed inside of you. Hopefully your plans for adoption will fall into place and fill that void. Anyway, my reply has become a bit lengthy so I will cut myself off here!

Happy Friday!

Regan

Feel free to find me on myspace! I love making new friends! www.myspace.com/454944233

good

Cankell05
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Nice to meet you! I am always happy to make new friends! I have a 2 year old too. Shes a ball of energy also, I know how you feel!... Im sorry for your loss of your little boy. It breaks my heart to know that anyone has lost a child. It has to be a horrible feeling and if you ever need anyone to talk to please dont hesitate to contact me.

Im glad to hear that you are adopting! Your going to make a child fill up with joy when you adopt them. I look up to people that adopt because that is an awesome thing to me.

Have a great day!

-Candy

Loving my life as a mommy and a wife!!

*Wife to Jason*Mommy to Kellyn*

jalex
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Hi Jana,

I am so sorry for  your loss.  It is wonderful that you are adopting, I wish you the very best!  No advice, but here's a bump.

Jennifer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)