Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fav healthy recipes

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 238 Total Views
1 mom liked this

thought this might be a good place to share recipes!  I'm grain free, so here are some of my favs:

paleo sandwich bread

roasted kabocha squash

chia seed pudding

baked chicken with pesto

carrot loaf (I add in chopped walnuts for some texture)

share yours!

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love2sonshines
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM
Thank you, I keep seeing chai seed pudding everywhere and have no idea what it is, so now I will look into that
g33k
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

great protein content and you can make pudding (and even desserts!) from it.

there are tons of recipes on the internet and it's so easy to make. you literally follow the recipe (takes 2 mins to prep), place in fridge overnight. in the morning, add fresh fruit to it and eat! so filling, low calories, high protein and so delish.

google chocolate chia seed pudding as well...one of my fav low cal desserts.

Quoting Love2sonshines: Thank you, I keep seeing chai seed pudding everywhere and have no idea what it is, so now I will look into that

FreyaM
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for sharing!!

I'm a big salad fan and I make healthy backed chicken fajitas a lot. I don't eat them with rice or tortillas. Super yummy
joshsgirl12
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:45 PM
That's how I eat mine. Do you marinate the chicken

Quoting FreyaM: Thanks for sharing!!

I'm a big salad fan and I make healthy backed chicken fajitas a lot. I don't eat them with rice or tortillas. Super yummy
FreyaM
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:15 PM
I don't, I've thought about it but never have. I just put a bit of coconut oil on them. Do you?

Quoting joshsgirl12: That's how I eat mine. Do you marinate the chicken

FreyaM
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM
I've been curious about chia seeds as well. I'm going to try the chocolate chia seed pudding. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting g33k:

great protein content and you can make pudding (and even desserts!) from it.

there are tons of recipes on the internet and it's so easy to make. you literally follow the recipe (takes 2 mins to prep), place in fridge overnight. in the morning, add fresh fruit to it and eat! so filling, low calories, high protein and so delish.

google chocolate chia seed pudding as well...one of my fav low cal desserts.

Quoting Love2sonshines: Thank you, I keep seeing chai seed pudding everywhere and have no idea what it is, so now I will look into that

joshsgirl12
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM
I do cause everyone else here eats them too. I use this fajita liquid seasoning in a bottle and Italian dressing

Quoting FreyaM: I don't, I've thought about it but never have. I just put a bit of coconut oil on them. Do you?

g33k
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:02 AM

you guys can brine the chicken for about 1hr in lukewarm water and a bit of salt (makes it tastier!).  then pat dry the breasts, brush both sides with olive oil or coconut oil. season with paprika, sea salt, ground pepper, onion and garlic powder, a tad chili powder.

Quoting FreyaM: I don't, I've thought about it but never have. I just put a bit of coconut oil on them. Do you?
Quoting FreyaM: Thanks for sharing!! I'm a big salad fan and I make healthy backed chicken fajitas a lot. I don't eat them with rice or tortillas. Super yummy

g33k
by on Feb. 23, 2017 at 6:27 AM

my fav yummy and quick chicken recipe:

• chicken drumsticks, skin on (skin has healthy fats! keeps you full longer). I use organic meats but non-organic will do the same.
  • preheat oven to 425F & line baking sheet with foil.

Instructions:

• place chicken in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil.  mix to coat.
  • add: paprika, a dash of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper.  shake or mix to coat evenly.
  • place on baking sheet and bake for 30mins. 
  • LET SIT FOR 15mins before eating! this seals in all the yummy juices and keeps the meat moist.

sorry i don't have the exact measurements for the spices....i add in a lot of paprika and pepper but add other spices or take away according to your preference.

Angelslight23
by Member on Feb. 28, 2017 at 4:07 PM

thanks for the post i will check here every so often to see if theres a recipe i will like. I'm sooo picky! its sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)