Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouser's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
I was journaling in another group, but got off track. Journaling my food helps keep me accountable. So, I'll start back up today.

My beginning of the year weight was 166 lbs. My highest weight ever was 245 lbs. My lowest weight in recent years was 129 lbs. That was after gastric bypass surgery. Even with wls, I still struggle and have to work very hard to maintain a healthy weight.

During my last pregnancy, I gained more weight than I had with any previous pregnancy. Then, my pregnancy was cut short and my son passed away soon after birth. Over two years later and I still haven't lost all of the weight.

I need to remind myself of where I've been, what I've been through and what I'm capable of. It's a battle mentally, physically and emotionally, but I can do it.

Here's an old post of mine from when I was pregnant with my 5th son 4 years ago. It was my 6th son that passed away. I looked so tiny!
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17941546/Before_and_after_pics_of_weight_loss_ETA?next=1&use_mobile=1
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Trouser.Mouse
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Weight: 157.4

Breakfast: vanilla chia seed pudding with blackberries, granola, toasted coconut and almonds. I also had a coffee with Stevia and caramel almond milk creamer.

It's lunchtime and I'm fitting in a workout at the gym. Hopefully, I'll get lunch in somewhere.

I got 1 hour in on the treadmill. It's a start.

Late lunch: I forgot to take a pic before I started eating. :) I had some more beet and quinoa salad and a coconut milk yogurt.

Dinner: Baingan Bharta over jasmine rice and cantaloupe
Love2sonshines
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing. It's just a reminder that each day gives us the opportunity to make better decisions. We don't have to be perfect, but we need to pick to eat less/healthy more often than not.
I was thin most of my life, so I've picked up horrible habits, that are hard to break.
FakeRuby
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you have skin removal surgery? I had gastric bypass too, I'm sure you seen some of my post. I was always anonymous. The pregnant one still losing weight. Now I'm waiting for approval for skin surgery.
mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You are doing good. Keep the work going you will get there physical and mentally. I am sorry your loss. But we are here for you now to keep your spirits up and you motivated. :) 

g33k
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM

keep up the great work!  eating healthy is so important...i found that now that i'm older, the food i eat 100% affects my weight/body fat and that i can't do what used to work for me when i was younger - which was eat like shit, sort of work out and stay lean.  Mother nature is like," yeah, that shit don't work no mo' so you're going to have to bust your ass and be 100% clean with your eating in order to lose weight!" #rude.

FreyaM
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Awesome post!
Trouser.Mouse
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Breakfast: Strawberry coconut milk yogurt with banana and a coffee with Stevia and caramel almond milk creamer

Lunch: Spicy red lentils with cantaloupe

Dinner: Cauliflower, potato, and pea curry with blackberries (I only ate about 3/4 of this)

I did 60 minutes on the treadmill, 65 minutes swimming, and spent some time in the hot tub and steam room. I really feel great tonight.

Snack: Coconut almond milk, orange and cashews. I burned so many calories today that I needed to eat more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)